Adding a dish...?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Got Dish 1000 (110/119/129) here, if I wanted to add a single LNB Dish 300 for 61.5 to my 2 room set up (622 & 211), what lengths would I have to go thru to do this myself? What equipment would I need?

Will I even get an answer??

All four LNBs will need a separate downlead into the DPP44. Then you will need one lead from the 44 to each receiver, and at the 622, the separator that came with the 622 is used to split that one lead to both tuner inputs. (Note that the 44 requires a power inserter - comes with it - in the line from output port 1. It has a higher power requirement than the receivers themselves can safely supply, hence the inserter...)

if you want the 61.5 you don't need the 129. they are mirrored so you would just have a 500 for the 110 119. and a wing dish for the 61.5 and run the 61.5 feed into the dpp twin. run single rg6 to both receivers.

Where can I find one of these switches and how would I connect it to my current setup which is a D1000 110/119/129 and I think there is something that says DPPTwin or something like that, I also have a 622/211. -- One cable to the 622 and one straight cable from the extra outlet on the dish to the 211.

As DNSGuy said, you don't need any new gear other than finding a nice old Dish300 pan and mounting leg.

Pull the 129 (narrow) LNB from the D1000 and mount it to the D300 - it'll slide right in.

Run a feed from the D300 back to the Sat-In port on the DPP-Twin on the D1000. Easy to find - just trace the jumper from the LNB you pulled.

Point the 61.5 dish and run Check Switch on all receivers.

The trick wil be getting the 61.5 pointed. I suggest using the 211 and hooking it DIRECTLY to the 61.5 - all you'll need for that is a barrel connector. Unhook the 211's feed from the DPP-Twin and use the barrel connector to hook it to the D300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts