Adding (buying) and old plain receiver

Chop-Chop

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2005
I am trying to buy a used receiver (non-dvr) for an additional room in the house. I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can answer.

Do all older models work on dish netwrok? Meaning If I buy a used one is there a model I need to stay away from that Dish will not activate?

Would dish charge me an additional monthly fee after I activate this receiver?

I may go for DVR for this room but only for the ones that don't charge monthly? Which models would that be?

Anything else to look out for?

Non-DVR fee DVRs are only the 501 and 508. Stay away from the 721's, the 7100/7200, and.. Ah... Can't remember which others are deactivated because of lack of support for the new G3 security cards.

You will definitely pay the additional receiver fee of $5/mo regardless.

I'd also recommend a 3-digit model number to get DishPro LNB and switch support.

Non-DVR fee DVRs are only the 501 and 508. Stay away from the 721's, the 7100/7200, and.. Ah... Can't remember which others are deactivated because of lack of support for the new G3 security cards.

You will definitely pay the additional receiver fee of $5/mo regardless.

What should my additional receiver fee be for my owned 211k?

Don't do it. Dish is about to phase out non 8PSK receivers. Make sure any model you buy supports 8PSK. MPEG-4 support is desirable too, since eventually MPEG-2 will also be phased out.

Gotta barely used 311 for sale. I OWN it, it wasn't leased. If interested pm me. Can't use it on Eastern Arc, Western Arc only--110/119.

Ed

Don't worry about it not supporting 8PSK if you can get a non 8PSK receiver cheaper than one with 8PSK. Dish Network will have to swap your receiver out for a new one when they force everything to be 8PSK.

And unless my memory is worse than I thought, we've caught Iceberg in a mistake. The additional receiver fee for HD receivers such as the 211 is indeed $7 and not $5 like SD receivers. The lease fee is the same for either type.

Ok so right now I have a 722 and a 622 leased but those are not charged an additional receiver fee well on the second one. Just a DVR fee two times.

Is that a mistake? :angel:

I was planning on taking back one of the HDDVRs from that room since it hardly gets any trafic. But it sounds like I won't be shaving a fee.

I will be trading the DVR fee for an additional receiver fee but losing HD and DVR (not that everyone uses it)

:confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)