Aeon Flux is the new reference

Watched this movie last night and it looks really, really good. The story wasn't to bad either. Beautiful outside, daytime scenes. Really good color. A must see.

I should be getting it tonight! NetFlix mailed it to me yesterday.

Watched it, and it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! By far the best PQ I have seen in HD.

As for the movie itself, it was a little better than I was expecting, but nothing great.

-John

Mine didn't make it today! :(
I must be throttled! :eek:

No, I noticed that when they send it from other states they don't show next day as the estimated arrival date in the queue.
Must be a Post Office delay. Hope to get it today.

teamerickson said:
Watched this movie last night and it looks really, really good. The story wasn't to bad either. Beautiful outside, daytime scenes. Really good color. A must see.

:eek:

I'm sorry to say this but I strongly disagree. It may looks good in HD but it is a horrible movie, the worst sci-fi I have seen for years. Stupid plot, absolutely exaggerated, laughable action scenes, pathetic acting - Charlize Theron is truly horrible, tho everybody else too - and idiotic dialogs.

No wonder it got the "worst movie of the year" title from several critics... this movie had a $55M budget - and only made some $20-30M all together.
Even the studio didn't show too much confidence: the press screening started only 2 hours before the theatrical release...

T2k said:
:eek:

I'm sorry to say this but I strongly disagree. It may looks good in HD but it is a horrible movie, the worst sci-fi I have seen for years. Stupid plot, absolutely exaggerated, laughable action scenes, pathetic acting - Charlize Theron is truly horrible, tho everybody else too - and idiotic dialogs.

No wonder it got the "worst movie of the year" title from several critics... this movie had a $55M budget - and only made some $20-30M all together.
Even the studio didn't show too much confidence: the press screening started only 2 hours before the theatrical release...
I agree. I just watched it and had never seen it before. It gave me a headache. LOL. No matter how good the picture quality is I cannot consider a movie this bad as reference material.

teamerickson said:
After hearing all the bad reviews and comments, the movie was better than I expected. I had very low expectations.

I watched it last night and thought that it was an OK movie. Just go into it with a low expectation, the plot of course not the pic quality.

I had it over a week before I could sit thru it. PQ is excellent. The story kind of does a rope a dope. Lets your thought processes lapse into a kind of half awake semi-drooling state then holds whatever is left of your attention with action sequences. I can't imagine wanting to watch this for any reason other than wanting to see the HD quality.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)