All of NH residents to get WMUR Ch9.

Remember that WMUR is only considered a local channel inside the Boston TV market. In the other two markets it would be "significantly viewed". Though it is singled out by specific language in the SHVIA, it is as of this moment NOT a local channel in the Portland or Burlington TV market counties.

I suspect when E*10 makes it up and the big shuffle is done to get all the locals from any one market onto one satellite (must be done by June 2006) that at this point Dish will make it so WMUR will be available as a Significantly Viewed channel in all of NH and even parts of VT and ME.

See ya
Tony

Wmur

Hello all
I think Dish has already been working on moving all of the NH stations onto one dish. At the moment, all of the southern NH locals are on one dish (61.5) execpt one. Dish could have all the southern NH & northers locals together on the 61.5. That way you could have your "local only" on the 61.5 bird. Now you would not get any of the Boston market stuff. The Boston Market would stay just where it is all on 110/119. What they might do is make everything on 110/119 the "premium" stuff, which you would be required to have the second dish. At one point WMUR was to be on 110, but then was switch to 61.5 when they finally got it up and going. Thanks...........

You are forgetting a tiny little detail with this theory...the current law!

By law, Dish must have all the locals from any one given TV market available using one Dish (not one satellite location, just using one dish). The same law states that the TV markets are determine by Nielsen. Nielsen says that southern NH is part of the Boston market. Ergo (love that word), Dish will eventually have to move the NH stations at 61.5 or the MA stations at 110/119 to comply with the law.

I was simply stating that Dish will wait until all the stations are at their "final" location before it makes WMUR available to the rest of NH.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)