This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

All recievers cant find Sat 121 locals

lasher66

Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
Called Dish network and they said it might be my LNBF. I have 3 receivers (522,811,311) and none are recieving my local channels. I get an "error 002" message when I try to go to a local channel. Dish told me that my LNBF is under warranty and it would cost me $24 for shipping, what a crock. I had it for about 10 months now. We did have some very windy days recently, so I dont know if that caused anything. If anyone knows what I can do it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Lasher

Thats just what they told me. I go through SBC Dish Network, so it might be different. But anyways, does this problem sound like its the LNBF? Thanks

Lasher

Is this something that has been working ok before? The 121 sat is a FSS satellite and requires 121 superdish or a standalone 30-36 dish with FSS LNB.

You mention the wind. The dish alignment may have been affected by the wind. The alignment must be precise for the FSS 121w. sat.

jergenf said:
Is this something that has been working ok before? The 121 sat is a FSS satellite and requires 121 superdish or a standalone 30-36 dish with FSS LNB.

Yes, I have a superdish. Well, this morning my locals decided to start working, and now they decided to stop working. So it appears that they are going in and out. What would cause this? Thanks again for the help.

Lasher

I went to the "point dish" menu to see the signal strength for 121. It goes in and out and when its in, it has a strength of 30 or below. What is the minimum strength that should be allowed?

Lasher

It really should be at least 60. It's probably out of alignment; moved a few cm.

Any tips on trying to align it? Or how to check if it is out of alignment.

Lasher

take a tv and a receiver outside by the dish, run a cable from the fss lnbf to your receiver and power up the tv and receiver, place your hand on the lip of the dish at one side and lightly push or pull it like your trying to turn it, you will see the signal apear in one of these directions, if not then put your hand at the top and push / pull lightly, if you see the signal apear then you know you need to adjust the elevation, if it showed up the other way then its your horizontal that you need to adjust. Keep in mind that tiny adjustments have big results so go carefully. You will need a 13mm wrench to make your adjustments, if you need to adjust the elevation be sure to place your free hand under the feed arm that holds the lnbf about 4 inches away from the reflecter so that it wont drop on you from the weight. Try to shoot for %70 as this will give you a good signal, if you spend time on it you could expect to hit %85 but the first is good enough.

Oh yea, you will want to be in the receivers signal strength screen, you can get to it by taking the remote and pressing menue then 6, 1, 1, to make it easy though before you take it outside turn it on and put the receiver on one of your locals channels and when you get the error message turn it off, the receiver will have the right satellite and transponder already set up when you get to the signal screen.

Sorry about all the questions, but if I do adjust the dish so my locals come in better, will it take out of alignment the other satellites, 110 or 119?

Lasher