Almost Hd good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukemia

Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Is there a huge difference between a HD compatible projector, TV, etc. Then a projector, TV, etc that reproduce HD with every pixel. Or I shouldn't really worry about some pixels being lost.

I think you may be misunderstanding the terms. A HighDefinition TV (HDTV) by definition would have the tuner built in. A HD compatible one would not have the tuner built in but would be capable of producing a High Definition picture with a set top HD receiver.

Lukemia,
If you are referring to pixel resolution, some loss won't be missed to much. Right now the only sets that can do full HD resolution are the 9" CRT front projectors (Sony g-90, Electrohome 9500, Barco 1209 and the Sony 1292) even then they must be set up properly. In the digital realm I think the Sony Qualia is the only unit that offers full 1920*1080 resolution. At the 1280*720 resolution the DLP, LCD and most of the CRT front projectors as well as some of the better rear projectors will do full resolution pictures. I have a Barco 1208 8" CRT projector with a E* 6000 and even though it isn't full 1920*1080 resolution the picture is jaw dropping. Make sure to check the black level detail if you decide to go digital, IE scenes that are dark some are better than others. Make sure you can make out whatever is in the background, it helps in making your experience more movie believable. As always the higher the cost the closer you get to the ultimate picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)