Amazing Race in HD

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
It was announced after the season finale that next season of Amazing Race is going to be in HD when it kicks off in February! Some of the places that they visit are "Amazing" and I am very excited about this. I still think that this is the best reality show on TV and that it deserves all of the awards that it has received over the years.

I saw that, and my family is excited as well. Some of the images on Amazing Race are spectacular, even in SD, and I am eagerly awaiting HD treatment.

I occasionally get upset with how the producers manipulate the game (i.e. the clueless taxi driver in the finale), but usually I just sit back and enjoy the show.

Why do you think that the taxi driver in the finale was manipulated by the producers? They could have used any of those drivers and just got unlucky.

Why do you think that the taxi driver in the finale was manipulated by the producers? They could have used any of those drivers and just got unlucky.

It is just happening too often and too convienently. For example, the previous week Nick and Vick were delayed by a 6 hour penalty that caused them to just miss the flight to Korea, effectively making them a non-starter for that leg. I never heard of a non-completion penalty before that point, but the producers needed this to be a non-elimination round so they got the correct number of programs. Thus a penalty just long enough to put the team out of it.

I started wondering 2 years earlier when they pulled that passport stunt with the mother son team. They dragged the kid out of the taxi for an interview and shooed the cab away. Made for good TV, but I felt it was highly manipulated.

The point with this last set was that the producers obviously provided those cabs since the location was private, and suddenly a Los Angeles cab driver didn't speak any English? And they couldn't get him to stop and ask for directions? And the cab company was unwilling to help the driver find the location? And the driver just kept heading into the sunset without a clear destination? C'mon!

jayn_j said:
It is just happening too often and too convienently. For example, the previous week Nick and Vick were delayed by a 6 hour penalty that caused them to just miss the flight to Korea, effectively making them a non-starter for that leg. I never heard of a non-completion penalty before that point, but the producers needed this to be a non-elimination round so they got the correct number of programs. Thus a penalty just long enough to put the team out of it.

I started wondering 2 years earlier when they pulled that passport stunt with the mother son team. They dragged the kid out of the taxi for an interview and shooed the cab away. Made for good TV, but I felt it was highly manipulated.

The point with this last set was that the producers obviously provided those cabs since the location was private, and suddenly a Los Angeles cab driver didn't speak any English? And they couldn't get him to stop and ask for directions? And the cab company was unwilling to help the driver find the location? And the driver just kept heading into the sunset without a clear destination? C'mon!

I disagree with you. There have been penalties for not completing tasks before. I disagree that they wanted to get rid of them. What did they have to gain by that. More people involved in a leg can't do anything but make it more exciting. I actually have personally talked to 3 different teams that have competed (from different seasons). They all felt that it was fair and appropriately edited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts