AMC1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

vc2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
All of my channels on AMC1 C-Band have disappeared except RFD-TV. The ION feeds are gone. Has anything changed?

I may have lost a polarity on my LNBF.

Update: LNBF is good. I did a blind scan with my Pansat 2700. Both H and V transponders are present, but no channels other than RFDTV and the CALIF Channel are being detected. I've been away for the last 3 weeks. Something changed during this time.

Blind scan on my AZBox is useless.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Last edited:
Elevation changed? (dish drooped from snow maybe?)
I've noticed before on tracking errors, I can sometimes have elevation too low to lock channels on both H and V, but still get enough signal to scan in tps. If nearby satellites all work properly, another trick might be to delete all the tps from AMC1 and try a new scan.

Elevation changed? (dish drooped from snow maybe?)
I've noticed before on tracking errors, I can sometimes have elevation too low to lock channels on both H and V, but still get enough signal to scan in tps. If nearby satellites all work properly, another trick might be to delete all the tps from AMC1 and try a new scan.

I'm using a 12' Paraclipse. There's no snow on the dish. The Ion network channels are usually very strong. RFD was my worst channel for signal strength -- It's coming in strong.

Can you verify whether the ION network channels are present and still FTA?

Yes, TP 3840 is Hot, and channels are viewable.
Thanks, I'm going outside now in the freezing weather to inspect the dish.

I am shooting through some trees. I'm wondering if the snow and ice on the trees is affecting the reception.

Problem solved!

I cleaned off the snow and the signals are back.

I wasn't able to see the whole dish by looking out the window. The portion that was visible was clean.

Signal 73, quality 90 on RFD
Signal 76, quality 56 on Ion East

Any explanations for the low quality on Ion?

Ion is Booming here.
Possible the snow has pulled the Dish out of alignment?
But the signal quality is much better on RFD even though the signal level is lower.
How do you account for the difference?

How do you account for the difference?
I don't need to, you do.
Have you tried......
Checking Dish alignment
Removing any switches
Check connections for corrosion
Replace cable
Check Dish for Warp

Signal on my dishes seems to be all over the place this week due to the cold. Some due to snow, and possibly flexing on the dishes. You may want to re-check everything and make sure nothing else is out of whack on your settings first though.
Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)