America's Everything Pack & HD?

cj9788

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Miami, FL
Ok I sub to AEP, and have 5 SD receivers and TV's. I am thinking about going HD and buying (not leasing) a 612 reciever and HD tv for one room. The other rooms I want to keep SD. I "live" in Miami FL so I know that right now both SD and HD are on a dish 500. How much will my bill go up if I get the HD equivalint of AEP if there is such a thing.

I tried calling E* and the csr could not get past the fact that I wanted to buy the 612 not lease it. I even mentioned that I would be buying the reciever from a dealer and I did not want to buy it now. The response was You have to lease. It was not a pleasant call.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Dish will not sell HD receivers, you need to get them from a place like the DishStore or from a local retailer. Also, most of the HD channels are one 129 and mirrored on 61.5 so you will also need either your existing dish replaced or a wing dish put up.

Dish will not sell HD receivers, you need to get them from a place like the DishStore or from a local retailer.

Yeah that is what I told the CSR, I am going to buy a 612 maybe from dishstore and install it my self. It went right over her head and she muttered you have to lease.

Also, most of the HD channels are one 129 and mirrored on 61.5 so you will also need either your existing dish replaced or a wing dish put up.

The miami locals both SD and HD are on 119 and 110 so I will not meed a wing dish unless they move the HD to 61.5, but right now they are on 110w. If I need a wing for other HD content that is not a problem as I have a dish that I can point to what ever wing sat i will need. My system has a dp 34 switch running 110/119. It wont be problem aiming to 61.5.

I am trying get info on how much extra it would be to add The HD equivalent of the AEP.

You'll get your locals without adding ant HD programing. HD is $10 for the basic HD Channels and $10 for the Platinum HD until Aug 1 the the Platinum can be added at no additional charge.

My experience was similar to yours, other than the fact that I never called up Dish to discuss matters first. I have Classic Gold and a 625, and I bought a 722 to replace it. I already had a 3-sat setup and DVR Advantage, so the only cost I saw was the $10 HD add on (and $300 for the 722). I never sprung for the Platinum tier.

If you are an AEP, then all you have to is pay additional $10 per month to get all the HD equivalents of the SD's that are included in the AEP: That is the Gold HD, but also includes all the available premium movie channels in HD as part of your AEP.

If you want additional HD channels that have no SD equivalents, in other words, available only at the next HD level and nowhere else, then you pay an additional $10 per month for HD Platinum.

Better than any of the above, as mentioned, wait until August and you can get both the HD Gold and HD Platinum for just $10 per month, essentially, the HD Platinum for free.

Are you already leasing boxes from Dish? Owning STB's is a financial disadvantage, and you can upgrade leased receivers to the newest STB's, if you wish. The only good reason to own boxes is if you are already leasing all the tuners (four tuners or four 612's), that Dish will subsidize, and you have no choice but to own a box to get more tuners. This is not 1999, and owning is not the advantage it may have been back then. Now, leasing is less expensive, and you can not avoid paying the additional monthly fee for access by owning the box. If you lease, they charge you the "lease" fee for each box AFTER the first. If you own, they used to call it "Additional Receiver Access," now itemized as the particular STB and the exact same amount is charged to you. So, no savings there.

If you are an AEP, then all you have to is pay additional $10 per month to get all the HD equivalents of the SD's that are included in the AEP: That is the Gold HD, but also includes all the available premium movie channels in HD as part of your AEP.

If you want additional HD channels that have no SD equivalents, in other words, available only at the next HD level and nowhere else, then you pay an additional $10 per month for HD Platinum.

Better than any of the above, as mentioned, wait until August and you can get both the HD Gold and HD Platinum for just $10 per month, essentially, the HD Platinum for free.

Where does this leave those currently with HD and have platnium?

Dish will not sell HD receivers, you need to get them from a place like the DishStore or from a local retailer. .
Really? thats Funny I bought a 211K and a 722 right from Dish Network and they came out and hooked them up at no cost. They didn't tell me they couldn't sell me the equipment.

Dish will only lease up to 4 receivers you have to purchase additional receivers.Dish was trying to get you to agree to an upgrade and a 24 month agreement.

Example; They would offer you 2 dual receivers to replace 4 of your single receivers have them do the installation and sign a 24 month agreement and they would let you purchase the 612.

The miami locals both SD and HD are on 119 and 110 so I will not meed a wing dish unless they move the HD to 61.5, but right now they are on 110w. If I need a wing for other HD content that is not a problem as I have a dish that I can point to what ever wing sat i will need. My system has a dp 34 switch running 110/119. It wont be problem aiming to 61.5.

I am trying get info on how much extra it would be to add The HD equivalent of the AEP.

Just so you are aware, MOST HD channels are at either 61.5° or 129°. The most popular like TNT, ESPN are at 110°, but most are not. You will need to install a wing dish.

The rest has already been explained:

Getting the available HD counterparts to all the channels in AEP + HD Net + Palladia HD(but not NBA Network HD) is $10.
Getting HD "Platinum" which includes HDNet Movies, NBA Network HD, MGM HD, CI HD, Logo HD-not a single program in HD on it, World Fishing Network, is another $10

I was unaware of the Aug 1 promotion including platinum with the HD pack so I cannot expound on that.

See ya
Tony

If its free, take it. If not, drop the package like a hot potato. :)

I liked HDNet Movies, but nothing else on that package really had anything worthwhile to me.

YMMV.

See ya
Tony

Where does this leave those currently with HD and have platnium?

That is the big controversy. Go to the Retailer Chat string and you will see HOWLS! Dish did not mention what would happen to us who will be paying double, compared to new HD upgrades, come August. We should tell Dish we are MAD about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts