johan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 14, 2010
holland
Hello members,

is it possible to amplify the signal passing through the waveguide of the Dish

Mvg

From a copper pipe I made a wave pipe for the dish to experiment with. Now I want to amplify that signal. How?!

is from the internet, but have about the same

Attachments

• post-60869-0-12818800-1379169776.jpg
    post-60869-0-12818800-1379169776.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 65
You could always use a HOTTER LNB, as they do exist. If say your present one is rated at 35k noise degrees & 60dB, find one that's 15k degrees, and 70dB for instance.
My intention was to make a double reflection with a (2nd) Sub-reflector of a Gregorian antenna like the one in the picture, but that didn't work for me.

Unless OTARD is in play wouldn't the logical choice be to go for a larger dish rather than trying to boost a poor signal?

The application of reasoning will never overcome Physics.

Reactions: primestar31
I'm not talking about a bad signal either, but want to use several small dishes.
just for fun and see if it works or goes.

You know what? I'm going to jump in here. I commend your concept Johan.
Couple of problems. Since you wish to amplify what you have, surely a 'hotter' LNA probably could be fashioned.
Analog Devices has a lot of developer board LNA's ready to go. Even the Gerber files to piece together your own incantation. As far as degrees kelvin versus dB gain, snr. That's your baby.
Unless the subreflector were redesigned into a different geometry or perhaps a multi faceted arrangement.
Each individual parabolic antenna is its own parabola. Combining many to focus in one spot. Not sure if that exists.
Like the James Webb and other telescopes. Each individual mirror is part of a single unit. A larger parabola.
If each mirror were its own parabola. It couldn't work. For optics anyway.
Dishes don't normally have long focal lengths. Try it with a stack of magnifying make-up or bathroom mirrors and see how difficult it would be to arrange them and focus the sun in a single spot on paper.
Different results if you were to have a large mirror and cut it into facets and separate them. The parabola curve would seem to me to carry on and be manageable if you spread them out. Dimples on a golf ball comes to mind. A bit hard if not impossible to get a smooth curve out of them if you cut them out individually.
Microwaves are nuts. Even the smallest deviation in alignment of multiple collected signals would send the antenna out of phase and subtract signal. Haha. "Mr. Heterodyne" still exists in everything RF to this day.

Reactions: primestar31
Hey Harshy!
Google translate this!
The Brits are even more lucky. They have the TV police knocking on your portal to the wullllld.

• The diameter of the antenna is not more than 2 m