Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
Got a few questions that I am hoping people here can address:

1) Any analog on AMC5 (79w)? Got a univeral LNB there, which I know messes with analog receivers. Like to know if I need to switch

2) Universal LNBS: Do they work? I heard that they mess up the tp locations and limits you to 1-16. Correct? If so, will it make a difference in changing LNB setting to get all TPs on that sat (i.e 10600 with 22mhz on, 9750 with 22 off)

There are occasional analog news feeds on AMC 5. A universal LNB (in my experience) will get about 2/3 of the possible TPs but you will not be able to tune the higher ones.

2) Universal LNBS: Do they work? I heard that they mess up the tp locations and limits you to 1-16. Correct? If so, will it make a difference in changing LNB setting to get all TPs on that sat (i.e 10600 with 22mhz on, 9750 with 22 off)

they'll work but the transponders will be off due to the LNB LO being off by 150. So TP 1 (11720) would be around TP 7 or 8 with a Universal. You wont be able to get anything higher than TP17 or so with a Universal

If you use an analog receiver off of the IF output from a DVB receiver that is connected to an Universal LNB will you still have the same problems?

yes

Its due to the LNB LO being off by 150 on a Universal.

Analog boxes take the frequency we know (11720 as an example) and turns that into a IF frequency, which is taking the normal frequency and subtracting the LNB LO to it

So 11720-10750=970Mhz IF frequency

So when a Universal is involved, the IF is wrong
11720-10600=1120 IF Frequency

So channel 1 on a Standard LNB would be channel 8 on a Universal. Easiest way to figure it out is the 150MHZ difference would be 7.5 channels (each analog channel is 20M steps…1720, 11740, 11760, etc) so channel 1 would be channel 8. This is on the assumption your analog box does KU ascending. Some boxes make Channel 1 KU Channel 32 on the box and goes down

Thank you Iceberg, sorry but here's another question, if the Analog box allows you to enter the frequency instead of a transponder number could you add 150 Mhz to the transponder frequency and tune that with an universal LNB? That should allow you to tune from 10750 Mhz to 12550 Mhz on the high Ku band.

Thanks.

You could change them (I know my Toshiba allows me to) but the analog box stops at 12200 and then starts back at 11700 so the box wont go above channel 16 or 17

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts