And a way we go!! L2.04

How to check box for software version number?

Okay, remember guys - the only stupid questions are those not asked, right?

I'm new to the 522 and DVRs in general. How does one see what software version is running. Also, does the company automatically download software/patches as they become available, or do we have to force updates somehow?

On the remote, press Menu, 6, 1, 3. You'll see the software version.

Supossedly, the only way you can get the update is to make sure you shut the receiver off at night (kinda, sorta, I think).

Simon,

Point taken - I agree that reading manuals and threads do help, but I've been programming for a long time now, and while we can look most things up in a manual or by sifting through threads, most of the time shouting a question over the cubicle wall for a quick answer works best and is most productive. I'm at work right now and was on a break - I don't have my 522 manual with me - so consider my question a "shout over the cube wall" for a quick answer. In the future I will ensure I consult my manual or search this site before disturbing anyone.

Peace,

Jim
----------------------------------
Everyday above ground is a holiday

OK Jim. :) As a programmer, you know what RTFM means, then too. :D

We all volunteer our time here, and sometimes there just isn't enough to go around.

Anyway, hopefully, you (and others) will spend enough time here, and learn enough to "pay it forward".

I wonder if I had this yesterday, because I had a new problem when trying to schedule a show to record when a show was already recording. It didn't care that the second tuner was available.

Also, when I was trying to stop a recording happening on tuner 1 from tuner 2 it told me I could not :mad: I had to go to the other tv and cancel the recording.

These 2 things never happened before, so I had thought, but did not check, that there may have been an update. The only reason I though otherwise was that my problems with audio skipping were still there. :(

Has anyone else noticed anything different with the new update?

So far I've noticed the following, besides what I mentioned above...

1) If I'm watching a recorded show, and press stop, it stops the show and takes me to the menu where I have the option of restarting the show, deleting it, protecting it, etc. If I try to delete it, it says it's in use. I have to actually get out of the menu, and start another show or Live TV before I can go back and delete the show. This only happens in the middle of a show I believe. If I reached the end of a show I was allowed to delete it immediately. Very annoying if you ask me.

2) Manipulating Live TV by rewinding causes "hiccups" and audio skipping, still.

3) I watched about 3 recorded shows yesterday, and I don't believe I noticed any skipping. I'll confirm this today. It'll be very nice if they at LEAST fixed playback on recorded shows.

4) I seem to get errors when doing a show search. It happens if I search for something, then hit cancel to go back to the search page, enter a different value, and try to search again right away. I get an error screen.

5) Another bug I noticed, it may have been with 203 not sure, is when there are recording conflicts, the page does not give you full control of being able to resolve the conflicts as you like. This is because the page doesn't scroll to the right.

Example, I setup a couple different shows over the course of 4 hours. Then I decide that I want to record the Olympics and it's 4 hours long and conflicts with some recordings. The conflict management page comes up. I move up to the first show to remove it so I can record the olympics. I remove it. The next show is off the screen to the right. I want to scroll over to it so I can remove it so I can record the olympics. Well, YOU CAN'T SCROLL TO THE RIGHT, so there's no way of resolving the issue then and there. You have to exit out, go to your timers page and delete them there.

I'll post more as I find them. When I get a definite list I'm going to call these in.

That's all I can think of for now.

With 2.04, I don't have the audio dropping on tuner 1 when tuner 2 is turned off. Looks like some progress is being made.

inwingnut said:
With 2.04, I don't have the audio dropping on tuner 1 when tuner 2 is turned off. Looks like some progress is being made.

Just curious, does audio drop when Tuner 2 is ON.

I have an odd configuration (well, not that odd but whatever). Tuner 2 is actually what I use in my living room so it's my main tuner. Tuner 2 was in fact on AND recording when I was playing back my shows on Tuner 2. I didn't notice skipping while playing back recorded shows in this configuration.

I'll try watching and rewinding live tv with tuner 1 when tuner 2 is off and see if I still notice my live tv rewind/forwarding caused skips.

Mark_AR said:
Walk up to the front of your 522. Press the SYSTEM INFO button.
Uhhh, that would require people to get off of their lazy asses.... You've seen people complaining that there's no remote button for single/dual mode, right ?? :)

There's a new "Counters" menu under the Diagnostics page. It looks like non-consumer stuff though.... I can't see the point of "us" having this information:

(the numbers after the ":" are mine)

01) Watchdogs: 5386
02) Boot recoveries: 1
03) AC Power loss: 0
04) Queue filled: 255
05) Queue ID: 65535
06) DST: 0x0003
07) Authorized services: 496
08) Successful downloads: 25
09) Previous software: 203
10) Lost locks: 2:2
11) Modulator resets: 0
12) Last connect: 07/29/04

01) Watchdogs: 5386
02) Boot recoveries: 1
03) AC Power loss: 0
04) Queue filled: 255
05) Queue ID: 65535
06) DST: 0x0003
07) Authorized services: 496
08) Successful downloads: 25
09) Previous software: 203
10) Lost locks: 2:2
11) Modulator resets: 0
12) Last connect: 07/29/04
what could possibly be useful with this?...they need to get the interactive software written for the 522.....

SimpleSimon said:
Well, I see a few useful things there.
Seriously, which are *useful* ?? Yeah, a curious type might find a couple of them *interesting*, but useful ?? I guess I would if someone unplugged my receiver from the wall.... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)