Android Gingerbread just about here?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
If Froyo's release is of any indication, Gingerbread must be just around the corner, 1-2 weeks max.

On May 14th Froyo's "statue" arrived at GooglePlex
Google dishes out giant Froyo parfait (video) -- Engadget
and one week later NexusOne got his Froyo ROM with official installation instructions
Google Nexus One Android Froyo Official Installation Instructions [Android Froyo Almost Ready for Your Nexus One; You Can Install It Alone & Here

Now, the Gingerbread man just appeared on GooglePlex lawn...
Google catches giant Gingerbread man, mounts on front lawn (video) -- Engadget

Diogen.

Will the Droid 1 get this update though?

Big question. I suspect it might not OFFICIALLY get it, but if the Nexus One gets it, then by default, the rom guys will make sure the Droid gets it... of course, I can see all the typical marketplace problems and issues that will need to be dealt with.

Big question. I suspect it might not OFFICIALLY get it, but if the Nexus One gets it, then by default, the rom guys will make sure the Droid gets it... of course, I can see all the typical marketplace problems and issues that will need to be dealt with.

I had several problems with the marketplace until this last update by Pete.

I am with Rocky on this one. The Droid 1 should never officially get Gingerbread but somebody will port an unofficial version. The Droid 1 does not meet the min specs of a stock 1Ghz processor. I know you can over clock the Droid to 1Ghz but Verizon and Motorola will never support the over clocked processor.

The supposed "requirements" are the best thing for the carrier when it comes to new OS updates. They can always "blame" someone else so they don't have to release or support later and later OS releases.

The supposed "requirements" are the best thing for the carrier when it comes to new OS updates. They can always "blame" someone else so they don't have to release or support later and later OS releases.

True enough. And I suspect Android's frequent OS upgrades have been a bit of a nightmare for carriers. iOS stays the basically the same for a year, much easier to deal with from that standpoint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts