(another?) Cable Question

aquanomics

Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
I rejoined E* recently to give my wife access to their foreign programming. Non-HD in the bedroom, 811 hooked up to the bigscreen.

For OTA-HD (Vegas has lots) I diplexed an old UHF (circa 1970) antenna on the roof to the sat cable coming out of the switch. Result: HD and E*, but E* looked more fuzzy.

So I ran a cable directly from the UHF, through the wall and into the 811. Result: E* SD looked better. HD looked too, but with a wide quality range between HD stations.

Now to my question. It turns out the rg6 cable I ran from the UHF is a piece of &*%$. So, even though I get a minimum of 86% on each channel, will my picture quality improve if I run a superior quality cable from the antenna to the 811?

Many thank for your advice.

Phil

welcome to satellite guys. make sure to visit often.

for the local digital channels, you either get them or you don't. a better quality cable might have a slightly better picture quality. see if you can buy a cable from somewhere that you can eaisly return it. hook it up and see if you can see a difference. if you can keep it, if you can't return it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)