Another DPP 44 Question

larsh74

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2006
How many dual tuner receivers can be connected to a DPP 44 at one time? It seems to me that 4 receivers could be connected if each one had a seperator. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Correct, 4 dual tuner receivers (with seperators, and DPPLus lnbs)) from the DPP 44.
I'm installing three 322s tomorrow at one residence, but a second dish was a lot cheaper than the dang DPP44!!

fred

I did not know that the LNBs must also be DPP. Currently there is a SuperDish
(119 and 110) and a Dish 300 (61.5) at the customer's home. We want to add a 622 and was under the impression that this could be done using a single cable with a seperator and a DPP 44 switch. Is this not correct?

Given the condition of being SuperDish, it most likely there are DPP LUNs already. Also, you could validate this based on what kind of receiver in current location. Most of current models do require DPP LUNs to work in first place.

larsh74 said:
How many dual tuner receivers can be connected to a DPP 44 at one time? It seems to me that 4 receivers could be connected if each one had a seperator. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

From one DPP 44 Plus switch there can be 4 dual tuner receivers, 8 tuners in all , put to use if using separators.

Two additional DPP 44 Plus switches can be joined together for a total of 12 dual tuner receivers, 24 tuners in all, when separators are used.

DishPro or DishPro Plus LNBF's must be used. The use of a DishPro Plus LNBF going into a DishPro 44 Plus switch negates the use of the Sat. Input port on the LNBF.

larsh74 said:
I did not know that the LNBs must also be DPP. Currently there is a SuperDish
(119 and 110) and a Dish 300 (61.5) at the customer's home. We want to add a 622 and was under the impression that this could be done using a single cable with a seperator and a DPP 44 switch. Is this not correct?

The DPP44 Plus switch will accept feeds from a Dish Pro LNBF.
They must be separate feeds from each LNBF such as the Superdish or single DishPro LNBF.

It will accept a feed from a DishPro Twin LNBF.

Last edited:
Clancy said:
It will not accept a feed from a DishPro Twin LNBF.
WRONG......

What you can't do is use the DPP Twin to feed a DP34 switch.

The ONLY DPP LNB is the twin.

Any DishPro LNB (single, dual, twin or quad) can be used with the DPP 44 switch.

Last edited:
n0qcu said:
WRONG......

What you can't do is use the DPP Twin to feed a DP34 switch.

The ONLY[/] DPP LNB is the twin.

Any DishPro LNB (single, dual, twin or quad) can be used with the DPP 44 switch.

And even the DPP Twin to a DP34 thing is under contention in some circles. Most pamphlets state it won't work. Plenty of installers claim to have made it work, tho.

Sorry...LOL...am I splitting hairs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts