Another rant on the ineptness of Dish's customer service

duckydan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I am posting because I need to vent while on hold for the 6th time in two days. Yesterday I signed up for the HD Only package with my penny cinemax, dvr, and locals.

After call 1 I get home and nothing had changed. They told me it was due to a problem and on call 2 they told me it would be fixed.

Half an hour later I had absolutely no channels. On call number 3 they told me the system was down even though my channels magically appeared, just the America's Top 200 (even though I originally had the 100).

On call number 4 I finally got the HD only package and everything appeared to be working.

I just now went to watch cinemax and it was blocked out and said I was not a subscriber. I called dish for call number 5 and was told that I was not entitled to cinemax for a penny but if I wish to add it I can at the normal rate for a premium channel and was then conveniently disconnected.

Now I am on call number six and was told that I never signed up for cinemax despite the fact that my last three bills all say Cinemax Promo $0.01.

I have since asked for retention three times and keep getting put on hold while this **** looks into it. This is worse than trying to cancel AOL a few years back and is rediculous.

(I apologize to the grammar police if any of my words are mispelled in this rant)

Edit: After call 6 I was assured that Cinemax would be taken care of for a penny and I would have no problems and I will have it within the hour. An hour and a half later it was still not on.

Call 7 was when I called to cancel my account and now magically it is on and HBO is going to be free for three months to apologize.

All was well in DuckyD's house until I click on the front page of Satelliteguys to find out that my favorite channel, MonstersHD is now dead!!! Can I not get ahead at all this week? At least I have HBO I guess......

Last edited:
I am posting because I need to vent while on hold for the 6th time in two days. Yesterday I signed up for the HD Only package with my penny cinemax, dvr, and locals.

After call 1 I get home and nothing had changed. They told me it was due to a problem and on call 2 they told me it would be fixed.

Half an hour later I had absolutely no channels. On call number 3 they told me the system was down even though my channels magically appeared, just the America's Top 200 (even though I originally had the 100).

On call number 4 I finally got the HD only package and everything appeared to be working.

I just now went to watch cinemax and it was blocked out and said I was not a subscriber. I called dish for call number 5 and was told that I was not entitled to cinemax for a penny but if I wish to add it I can at the normal rate for a premium channel and was then conveniently disconnected.

Now I am on call number six and was told that I never signed up for cinemax despite the fact that my last three bills all say Cinemax Promo $0.01.

I have since asked for retention three times and keep getting put on hold while this **** looks into it. This is worse than trying to cancel AOL a few years back and is rediculous.

(I apologize to the grammar police if any of my words are mispelled in this rant)

Edit: After call 6 I was assured that Cinemax would be taken care of for a penny and I would have no problems and I will have it within the hour. An hour and a half later it was still not on.

Call 7 was when I called to cancel my account and now magically it is on and HBO is going to be free for three months to apologize.

All was well in DuckyD's house until I click on the front page of Satelliteguys to find out that my favorite channel, MonstersHD is now dead!!! Can I not get ahead at all this week? At least I have HBO I guess......

Oh, come on. Do you really expect us to believe that "Jim-Bob" and "Mary-Ann" in India couldn't get you straightened out??;):D

Oh, come on. Do you really expect us to believe that "Jim-Bob" and "Mary-Ann" in India couldn't get you straightened out??;):D

Yeah, that always cracks me up...Not just with E*, but with other companies like Dell and HP. I always want to ask what their real name is...:D

This is Apulumanajabah, how can help today you?

Did you originally have all 6 and even 7 csr's from India? No americans? Did they not know what they were doing? Or do you really think it was there system? I tried to change mine exactly like you but they could'nt because there system was "down"! That scares me to try and screw with any of my programming right now. I think E* is in a Frenzy right now over all the crap they pulled this week!

It is really sad when they start the conversation off with a lie as small as their real names. You know it is only down hill from there.........Charlie said he was working on fixing the CSR issues, but then again, didn't he say in a Charlie Chat last year that the Call Centers were going to be brought back to the US? Has there been any movement on that? I just hang up when I get an Indian CSR and play CSR roulette. I swear, they could probably cut their call volumes 75% if they had competent reps. I am sure I am not the only one that calls 5+ times for every issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts