Answer this about DISH network

Status
Please reply by conversation.

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
I know this is not a directv question but it is. I do a lot of dish network swap out becuase people are so fed up with Dish. But when i go to the house the dish network superdish is at the peak of the roof and there is no way that I am climbing up there in the winter time to put the DTV there.

Why put it up there and its the first thing you see, i try and hide the directv dish all the time so that you dont see the dish when you pull up to the house. The customer said that the dish network guy said its the only place to put it, LOL the peak of a 3 story house where the wind hits that thing like no tommorrow.

Just confuses me.... and makes me LAUGH LOLOLOLOL

urnote96 said:
I know this is not a directv question but it is. I do a lot of dish network swap out becuase people are so fed up with Dish. But when i go to the house the dish network superdish is at the peak of the roof and there is no way that I am climbing up there in the winter time to put the DTV there.

Why put it up there and its the first thing you see, i try and hide the directv dish all the time so that you dont see the dish when you pull up to the house. The customer said that the dish network guy said its the only place to put it, LOL the peak of a 3 story house where the wind hits that thing like no tommorrow.

Just confuses me.... and makes me LAUGH LOLOLOLOL

i know i have same problem. techs put it up on peak and if we have to get there to servies it no one can get there. there is a lots of different other options. couple feet higher for dish locating wont improve signal strength

Seeing DISH has a lower look angle than Directv in most of the country hat maybe a reason for the mounting locations. Of course it could be the quality of the DISH installers also.

same thing in the burgh. i heard on the qt that it is to prevent self service calls. so they have to call dish out for the service call and pay the $$$$. would that surprise anyone?

at one swap out the sub told me he had to send it back and i HAD to take it down (i mounted directv a lot lower). i told him it never should have been there and if ergen wants it back so bad tell HIM to come and get it. (it was 3 stories up at the edge of the roof, and not a tree or buildings within a city block.) go figure.

dragon002 said:
same thing in the burgh. i heard on the qt that it is to prevent self service calls. so they have to call dish out for the service call and pay the $$$$. would that surprise anyone?

at one swap out the sub told me he had to send it back and i HAD to take it down (i mounted directv a lot lower). i told him it never should have been there and if ergen wants it back so bad tell HIM to come and get it. (it was 3 stories up at the edge of the roof, and not a tree or buildings within a city block.) go figure.

personaly if i was that sub i would be making dish come back out and get the damn thing, or more specific, the same tech, maybe then he'd think better nextime he wanted to pull some crap like that.

do most hsp contractors require their techs to take down the e* dish if they are doing a swap? reason i ask is because it is quite difficult at times to carry a 28 ft ladder on the side of the customers house if there is not much space even though i can carry it vertical for quite a long distance.

lostlife said:
do most hsp contractors require their techs to take down the e* dish if they are doing a swap? reason i ask is because it is quite difficult at times to carry a 28 ft ladder on the side of the customers house if there is not much space even though i can carry it vertical for quite a long distance.

Nope, I work for an HSP and I leave E* dish alone. I had a guy get mad at me because I wasn't going to take the E* dish down. I told him you want it down you take it down.

I had to fix a Sky Angel set up a couple of weeks ago for a friend... set up on the facia with 3 lag bolts on top Dish 500 dish pointing east and at the peak.... took 1 bolt in bottom to get signal back :) (put 2 more 2.5" in)(It replaced a D* dish that was mounted on the roof but same place, the Sky Angel guy used all the D* cable and grounds etc...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)