Any JEEP Wrangler owners here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I just got my 2006 Wrangler yesterday!!! It is so weird, like being in some new club. EVERY wrangler owner I drive by waves at me!! Not the Grand Cherokee or Liberty owners, but ALL the wrangler owners no matter how new or old fancy or rusty the JEEP is. Its like Harley owners waving. Never seen anything like it. Feel like I got the key to the executive wash room!!!

Now I got to stay away from this place. http://4wd.com/newsite/default.asp
The place is 15 minutes from my house and they have a HUGE blow up Wrangler out front and a bunch of very cool JEEPS in the parking lot. I can take some pictures if anyone wants to see these beast Jeeps.

Its raining and dark, but I will get some pictures of my new JEEP tomorrow when we head to the lake for the weekend!!!!

Welcome to the club!!! We have a 98 TJ Sport. You'll soon find that its an addiction. Just took the full steel doors off and put on our soft doors so we can run without doors in time for our vacation to the Smokie Mtns. Check out www.quadratec.com They have anything and everything you will ever want to customize your Jeep. Have fun!!--Ray

Last edited:
Hey mine is a 06 TJ but www.4wd.com is the largest jeep part dealer in the country and only 15 min from my house. Save on shipping and get 10%min off everything thru a fried that works there. The jamboree was a blast!!!!

Yes. And with the Jamboree here this weekend we waved at at least 300 Wranglers. I think its cool.

The Jeep waive is something I miss now that I changed from the wrangler to the liberty. I feel like I lost the keys to an exclusive club. :)

Anyway I've owned a
'90 4 banger Wrangler S,
'93 Wrangler SE 6 cilinder (Proved to me I will never own another car with less than 6 cilinders) '
97 Wrangler Sahara (HUGE difference in ride from the '93, but not enough to keep me with a wrangler in 2005.
Now I have a 2005 Liberty Renegade Off-Road package.

I guess next will be a Cheroke? :D

We're waiting for the 4 door wrangler hehe, but we're probably going to get one at this rate.

My wife sells Jeeps and there is NOWAY I will get a 2007 new wrangler. Total crap!!! I have seen them upclose and will be driving one at the jeep dealers expo in the fall.

Besides except for 42 bucks a month in insurance the Wrangler is 100% free to me. No payment on the lease. She geta a alloance that more than covers the lease payment. So its not bad for free- it is a third vechele and stays in the grage with the top down and only comes out on sunny days.

Yes liberty will die at the end of this year for a new model aswell. Forget the name. But liberty and grand cherokee owners are out of the Wrangler club!!

Last edited:
I've been kind of out of the loop on the Wranglers since 2000 or so. What is happening to the Wrangler in 2007 that makes you say "total crap"?

I remember in 95 when the new weangers were announced for '97 (there was no 96 wrangler) a similar cry. And just before the 87 wranglers came out (when Chrysler took over the AMC lines) there was a cry heard round the world.

How is this '07 change different?

Honestly I am just looking for opinion here and not an argument. :)

See ya
Tony

Okay, I guess it's a matter of opinion and that is fine. I can respect that. Thanks.

The new front end is a lot more remeniscesnt of a CJ 7 to me than an H3. The new drive train is the same as the Liberty. But the ol' straight 6 4.0, though a mighty engine off road, is a little bit of an inefficient pig on the highway and for its displacemnt does not have the horses or torque the V6 produces. I wasn't sold on the V6 for YEARS after Jeep introduced it. But I have come around. Now that I am driving one, I am very happy with its performance. I'm not sure what else they did underneath, but when I first saw the pictures and read a few of the specs, my gut reaction was "COOL!" Though I will hopefully not be in the market for a new car for the next 5 or 6 years, this new style jeep is something I would consider. :) But most importantly, I NEVER EVER EVER buy a car in its first year of production. I wait for the third year!

BTW, when I wrote I bought a '97 Jeep Sahara, that should have read a '99. Like I said... I don't buy a car in its first rear's run.

See ya
Tony

I heard the same thing about the 07 from some of the mechanics at the dealership. They swear by the 4.0 inline 6 cyl. I agree with TNGtony. Wait a few years after a major design change to buy. I gotta admit that I like the changes in the dimentions.----Ray

I said the front grill looks like a liberty, Sorry but they are VERY ugly. The rear looks like a H3 also VERY ugly. Goto a JEEP jamboree and ask Jeep people what they think. The V-6 sucks.

And the idea behind a wrangler is to be able to take a stock 4 banner and do things no other vehicle made can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts