Any Reason to have a warranty on a leased 942?

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Hi all,
I'm now leasing a 942 and previously had an 811 and a 501 grand fathered in on a 1.99 per month warranty plan. The Dish rep I spoke with when activeating the 942 told me that I had no need for the dish warranty any more if I was only planing on leasing the 942 and selling the others that I owned. Was I told the truth or and/or should I have kept the warranty plan. As always, thanks in advance for the help.

You were taken. :(

They want to kill off as much of the grandfathered $2/month protection plans as they can.

Leased receivers that fail after one year are not protected. :(

That sucks, but figures! The funny part is, that it was a rep from the advanced tech department that lied to me about the need for a warranty. I was in the process of getting a replacement for a DOA 942. So If it breaks after a year they will make me pay to fix the item that they own????? That doesn't make alot of sense. It seems to me that they would either fix it at their expense or I would cancel my 80.00 per month programing package and give them a one fingered salute. Has anyone here had a leased reciever go bad after a year and if so what was the out of pocket cost to you. Thanks "Simple Simon.

P.S. - Do you think there is any way that dish will reinstate my 1.99 protection plan since I was lied to? I'll hold my breath>

If it happens, the current trick is to sign up for DHPP ($6/mo), get it replaced, and then drop it.

By the time your warranty runs out tho, they'll probably have closed that loophole.

The leased equipment clause in the Contract I signed says,
If you cause damage to the equipment then they can hold you responsible otherwise
All leased equipment that Fails will be repaired or replaced by Dish but you are responsible for the $14.95 shipping fee or the $99 service call if a tech needs to come to the house.
If you have the warranty shipping is free and Tech. visits $29

That sucks. I wonder how many customers dish loses when their own equipment fails and they try to bill the customer for it.

OoTLink said:
That sucks. I wonder how many customers dish loses when their own equipment fails and they try to bill the customer for it.

IF Im not under contract I would just tell them fine disconnect the service then and I will go with cable if they don't want to fix there equipment.
I bet they would then agree to waive the shipping fee or discount the service call fee if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts