Anybody (else) using Icon ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
If anyone else is using Icon 550 receiver: Looking for a working channel editor prog if you have one or know of one that works. I have tried to make the Satopia channel manager prog work, but can not download anything with it, either from USB thumbdrive nor direct from box using null modem cable. I get an error message saying "Not a valid transmitter" on the STB when I try to move the channel list to the computer, or "Save channel list is FAIL" lol.
Any help appreciated, far as I know the ChannelMaster prog does not support the .SI filetype that Icon/Satopia uses.

I have an Icon S550 , i'll have to hook it back up and go thru my notes , i know theres a way to save and edit your channel list , if my memory is correct i do believe you need to change the file extention , but what that was i don't remember . i'm at work at the moment , so when i get home i'll pull my notes out .

Thanks Panhandler. I have been able to save the channel info to the usb stick a few times, but usually it just does nothing, or gives me that dumb message about "usb save is fail" lol. It saves, when it works right, as .SI format on the stick, but the Satopia file manager won't open it.

Well turbosat ,, i can't find my notes on the subject , grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. i have my icon connected now and i'm going try a few things .Maybe it will come back to me .

I will hook mine back up to the computer sometime, and try it again too. But it seems like I tried 7ways to Sunday to get it to work, and it just wouldn't do. It will load the factory file, and also save , sometimes, the channel list using the usb drive. Satopia and Icon were supposed to be identical electronically, but this satopia channel manager wouldnt do anything. I used the serial cable they sent with the box, brand new, it does seem to communicate that way, maybe I should just try using the "loader" program that comes with the factory file.

The loader program that came with the icon will only write from the pc to the icon.I know what you mean about trying to save your channel list to the usb stick , it is a bit touchy , they all are . i think it's do to the components they used on the icon for the port ( very lose ) .I cleaned mine with alchol and a cleanex and it seemed to work better . Now back to saving your data and transfering it to your pc. The only way is to do it via the usb stick and what i keep running into when i try to load it to my pc ( via usb stick ) it gives me an error ( cannot copy file:Cannot read from the source disk).When i did it before i had to change the file extention in the icon , but not having any luck yet , it something about having the correct number if digets in the file name and saving as .dpl i think grrrrr . Anyone else out there have any input on this . I think i'm going to keep testing my Icon it's a great reciever .

Last edited:
Panhandler, I was beginning to suspect that about the filename, it lets you name it whatever you want, when you start to save the channel list>but it apparently has to be a certain # of digits, 8 I think. I can read it off the USB in my computer, and move it to a folder on the pc, but right now can't get anything to open it. That channel master program from sharp-c doesn't seem to support it's file extension, and they don't seem to be working on CM any more lately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts