Anyone have a list of cities that will get local HD coverage?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:welcome

Louisville KY is not served by HD locals yet. Go to antennaweb.org and see how far you are from the towers. Directv can always install an OTA antenna for you and use those until Louisville locals are served via sat. Its not right now but will be within a year.

Brewer, will Directv really install an OTA for you? I live in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton market and have no business trying to install my own antenna and running lines :)

I live in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton market and have no business trying to install my own antenna and running lines

I also live in the Wilkes Barre/Scranton market. I pick up the HD locals with a small multi-directional antenna I got from Wal Mart. I actually just asked D* about the locals here and got this reply:

"We had hoped to be able to offer HD local channels in your area by now and I’m sorry that we haven’t been able to. Our newest HD-capable receivers have been more popular than we expected. As a result, we’ve had to slow down our timetable for offering HD locals in new markets until we feel like we’ve got enough equipment to meet the demand."

Doesn't help a lot, I know, but at least they're thinking about little old Scranton.

Then where is market #42??? Its still not on here. :rolleyes:

After D11 is launched in Dec 2007 they will fill in the rest of the planned local markets.

I am also waiting on the Knoxville locals to be turned on. Someone told me about 8-9 more months.

Matt

After D11 is launched in Dec 2007 they will fill in the rest of the planned local markets.

I am also waiting on the Knoxville locals to be turned on. Someone told me about 8-9 more months.

Matt
Oh after they launch D11 that is going to magically make them reach agreements with LIN?? Sorry but I think you are mistaken.

Oh after they launch D11 that is going to magically make them reach agreements with LIN?? Sorry but I think you are mistaken.

I'm also waiting on LIN for two of mine... maybe it would be more accurate to say that they will have the capacity to fill in the other markets. Whether they actually do or not might be another story.

Will the new bird, when launched and at home in orbit, also perhaps see some "filling in" of some existing local HD markets? By that, I mean channels that exist but are not carried over sat.

Fresno. CA has the "big 4" HD locals, but no CW (which is OTA and thru Comcast).

Also, will the future ever see PBSHD as a local over sat?

In Portland, OR we only get ABC, NBC and Fox in HD even though all the channels are in HD over the air. I live in the shadow of a hillside which prohibits me from getting OTA. I've asked for the national CBS but they keep denying my request. I don't know if DTV has been unsucessful in negoiating with the local CBS and public broadcasting or what, but it certainly limits how often I watch anything on CBS.

Wow, 2 people from Wilkes Barre/Scranton.
Thats where I get my locals from. I live in Hazleton, PA. Im hoping we get our locals in HD soon enough. I a new subscriber to DTV so I cant be too impatient but with a new season of "24" starting up in January, Id really love to have Fox.

In Portland, OR we only get ABC, NBC and Fox in HD even though all the channels are in HD over the air. I live in the shadow of a hillside which prohibits me from getting OTA. I've asked for the national CBS but they keep denying my request. I don't know if DTV has been unsucessful in negoiating with the local CBS and public broadcasting or what, but it certainly limits how often I watch anything on CBS.

I have the same situation in Indy but was able to get CBS, CW and PBS OTA (thank goodness - couldn't miss the Colts in HD on CBS...).

In my case, my CBS station is owned by LIN, which is pretty much at a standoff with D*, I guess.

Again, I think the new sats will give D* the capacity to add markets and fill in existing ones, but they still have to reach agreements with the broadcasters...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)