Anyone having reception issues with HD channels??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
I subscribe to the premium package and up untill yesterday all my HD channels were coming in fine, but now alot of my premium channels are not coming in at all or if they are I keep losing signal..thats most of my Starz and one Cinemax that is.

Anyone else having issues with these or any others specific HD channels?

Yes.....Had a lot of problems yesterday with Big 10 network and other HD channels. At first I thought it might be the sun interference in the afternoon time period....but it continued on into the evening. Everything seems to work fine unless I am on the new 103b sat. It just does not have the power :)

Last night, my Starz and Encore HD channels went out. Got one of those "channel not purchased 721" screens. I called DirecTV and the problem was fixed within a few minutes. Not sure if that's your situation or not. But it was fixed quickly.

My HD locals, new HD channels, and ST SF channels all had video problems. The picture keeps freezing. The audio is fine. The problem still exists this morning on TNTHD(245).

I have had similar problems - all with the new HD channels on the odd transponders on 113(b) - 247, 511, etc. DirecTV changed my multiswitch to 2 Zinwells. They sent a guy out over the weekend to change it to 1 multiswitch and make sure it was grounded as they couldn't think of anything else. The channels had been working fine for a few days so the installer blamed it on "sun interference" and didn't change the multiswitch. Now I've been having problems again on these channels - also at night so it shouldn't be the "sun interference".

I'm holding High 80's to Mid 90's on 103b and have had several issues with macroblocking and the occasional channel just being black. I've rebooted and it seems to help, but there's a bit of stuttering once in a while.

I think there may still be a few kinks to work out with 103b. Here's to hoping these bugs are fixed before D11 launches.

I'm holding High 80's to Mid 90's on 103b and have had several issues with macroblocking and the occasional channel just being black. I've rebooted and it seems to help, but there's a bit of stuttering once in a while.

I think there may still be a few kinks to work out with 103b. Here's to hoping these bugs are fixed before D11 launches.

Definitely no problem with signal strength there... here's hoping they're worked out WAY before D11 launches...

Ww have the same problem mostly with the channels in the 70's. called yesterday again and was told if it happens again to switch the cables again and if it continues to call them and they will come to the house. Was told that there is a loss of signal - no joke.

Loosing 103b completely in the evenings!

I'm new to the forum and glad I found it. I think I'm having the same problems described here but I'm not sure. Here is the issue: I've had D* for about 3 weeks and also keep loosing 103b. I started with a bad alignment and a signal down in the 40s to low 50's on 103b. After 4 trips by the installing company, I finally got a tech who knew what he was doing and did a proper realignment. The 103b is now coming in at 95, but I can still loose the satellite just after dark (7-8pm). Seems to work fine during the day time hours. The HD channels start pixelating and within 5 minutes I'm getting a 771 for all HD channels. Am I just seeing atmosphere problems or could it be still hardware issues?

I had called DirecTV to get my side-car dish (AT-9) fine tuned - it has been on my roof for almost 2 years, and I wanted to get my signal strength raised on 103b - even though I was getting all of the channels without problem.

Halsted Communications, the local installers sent a guy on Monday that had no clue on how to do something as simple as this - and he left with me LOSING signal on ALL of the even transponders on 103b. I actually lost CNN-HD, and others for this period of time.

I had to use my contacts to get a tech supervisor back to my house the same day (I only waited about an hour for him to show) and within 10 minutes had everything back to BETTER than ever. Instead of 60-70 signals on 103b, I now have 90's - and I have increased signals on all of the other sats as well.

Point being - don't accept low readings when you have an installer there - and if you don't like what you are getting call DirecTV and have them get a supervisor out to your house. The stronger the signal, the less rain-fade can affect you and so on.

Also, as a courtesy, the tech supervisor changed ALL of my compression fittings, and installed a brand-new multiswitch.

Jusy FYI.

I had my dish tweaked 2 weeks ago in conjunction with another install. The signals were and are in the mid 80's at their lowest. Most are in the mid to upper 90's. I as well had many searching for satellite messages last night.

I've had a host of problems. Originally had trouble receiving any of the new HD channels. Problem was the diplixers and multiswitches. Got them changed and starting getting the new channels. Then I started losing the ones on the odd transponders on the 103(b) satellite. Had my situation run through case management who tried to duplicate it. They have sent tech out now 4 separate times and have changed multiswitches, the dish on the roof and still the problem occasionally persists. Now I intermittently lose signal on my local HD channels as well - I believe those are off the 99 satellite. Sometimes I get everything and signal strength usually in the 90s. Other times I get zeros and the "Searching for Satellite" message. Only thing they haven't done that they said they would do is change my 2 multiswitches (I have 4 HR-20s) to 1 multiswitch to make sure it is grounded (one apparently is not). But they keep sending a different guy out who never has the multiswitch on hand.

All this HD is great but only if you can actually watch it.

I had called DirecTV to get my side-car dish (AT-9) fine tuned - it has been on my roof for almost 2 years, and I wanted to get my signal strength raised on 103b - even though I was getting all of the channels without problem.

Halsted Communications, the local installers sent a guy on Monday that had no clue on how to do something as simple as this - and he left with me LOSING signal on ALL of the even transponders on 103b. I actually lost CNN-HD, and others for this period of time.

I had to use my contacts to get a tech supervisor back to my house the same day (I only waited about an hour for him to show) and within 10 minutes had everything back to BETTER than ever. Instead of 60-70 signals on 103b, I now have 90's - and I have increased signals on all of the other sats as well.

Point being - don't accept low readings when you have an installer there - and if you don't like what you are getting call DirecTV and have them get a supervisor out to your house. The stronger the signal, the less rain-fade can affect you and so on.

Also, as a courtesy, the tech supervisor changed ALL of my compression fittings, and installed a brand-new multiswitch.

Jusy FYI.

This sounds like me. Last Friday, I had D* come out (they assigned a company ) and fix my signal strength on 103 b. I was in the 50's . The installer came out, adjusted it, and came back in within 10 minutes. I asked him what the signal strength was at and we checked it. It was 60. He said he didn't see any dish with a stronger signal than 60. It should be fine. Having been on the forums, I called his bluff. I told him it should at least be in the 80's or 90's . He continued to tell me that I was wrong .

So I turn to Animal Planet HD . Its pixelating, freez framing right in front of him. I asked him, " do they expect me to watch channels like this ? There has got to be a signal strength problem. " He then suggests I call D* and get a new dish sent out.

So the installer said he was about to leave and wanted me to sign some document. I told him no, I won't sign it. The job isn't complete. After debating with him again about signal strength, I signed his document so he could leave and get out of my face. I didn't really want to see this kid anymore. They setup a time frame of 8-12 for this realignment. He shows up at 12:30 and uses just a wrench. No signal meter equipment, no nothing. This is a friggin realignment.

I call back D* and they told me that its unacceptable and are sending another guy out this Friday. D* was great about it . The only problem I have is I have to take another Friday off, just becaue they were unprepared in the first place and there technician didn't want to solve the problem. The way I look at it, it wasn't really Directv's fault. It was who they contracted out that was creating the problem. I told them make sure to put a note on the account and send a Tech that was prepared and ready to re-allign a dish. So in other words, bring the correct equipment to do so. Like maybe a signal device so he can lock in the signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.