Anyone Looged Into MyAccount Today?

Haha, you got me. My fingers are too fat I guess. I tried to edit the typo but it wont allow me to under the forum post. Maybe someone else can change that for me if they have access.

They have a change programing link now, works great as long as the only change you want to make is to add programing.
They've let you add programming via the web site for quite some time now. That's nothing new. Would be nice if they also let you remove programming via the web site.

I found the My Equipment page and discovered that the 921, which I thought I had dropped was still alive. Two months ago, I returned a 501 and "dropped" the 921 when I added the 722 (wrong image) to my 622.

When I tried to crank up the 921 for OTA, I then got a light turquoise screen that said Disk Fail. So I tried reboots and heard the dreaded clunking. Pulled the plug overnight and tried again only to have it show the red-yellow-blue sequence. Tried yet again and got repeated medallion and blank screen reboot loop.

Called Dish and will have to add DHPP when I get back from travel so I can get replacement hardware. BTW, this is 921 number 5 already and for those not familiar with the 921 is was purchase only at about $1000. I use to have DHP (better than DHPP but pay forever) but that was tied to the 501 so it went when the 722 came. Keeping the 921 for OTA and additional storage rather than get $10 for it--boohoo, no Voom now.

Just venting, I guess.
-Ken

They need to allow people to remove receivers and programming, not just add. This would allow someone to do everything they need online instead of having to deal with CSR's on the phone and having to call.

Also, why not waive or at least cut in half the $5 Programming Change Fee for those who do it online?

I just looked at the new page and it all seems to be correct but they have my programing listed wrong maybe they will update it as i see it is a new feature and they may have just uploaded what they had as i just changed my programing last week.

They need to allow people to remove receivers and programming, not just add. This would allow someone to do everything they need online instead of having to deal with CSR's on the phone and having to call.

I agree, for any company instead of outsourcing to a script reader just give me the access to make the changes I want from the website. At least for dish the computer on their 800 number does most things i've needed to do without talking to a CSR.

I had Directv back in 2002 and their account pages were more useful then than Dish is now.

I have my DISH account bundled with Embarq (used to be Sprint here in FL). The account information hasn't been updated since the switch, and I don't have any other options other than account and pay options.

is there anything that can be done to change this (other than un-bundle)?

This would also save Dish Network money by having fewer phone calls. The more that can be done online the cheaper it would be for them. The only reason why they will not let you remove programming from the website is so try to prevent you from wanting to remove the programming when you call in.

By the way, on the Edit Your Account Profile page, is the following info:

privacypk3.jpg

I believe the default is unchecked so you'll want to update it so they don't share your information. Stupid that the default is to share your information.

By the way, on the Edit Your Account Profile page, is the following info:

privacypk3.jpg

I believe the default is unchecked so you'll want to update it so they don't share your information. Stupid that the default is to share your information.

Thanks for posting this. Maybe it will save a few sales calls.

Default was checked for me (do NOT share my info) but thanks for pointing it out.

Still no way I can find to subscribe to Euronews.

622 Ethernet - What time of day does it "phone home"?

Milwaukee @ Cleveland HD ALT 444

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts