Anyone still having 622 audio sync issues

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
This is very common for me while watching recorded HD movies or while watching HD live/recorded with a HD movie recording. Only fixed with a hard reboot.

I usually hard reboot weekly anyways, but this problem shows up randomly.

Last night I was recording Hellraiser on MonHD and trying to watch a recorded HD movie, was so bad I could not stand it. Is this just a bug issue or should I consider contacting tech support about a possible 622 issue.

it's not a software issue, i would bet your hard drive is faulty. I had all kind of problems like that, until finally the hard drive crashed. Got a new 622 under warranty, all problems went away...Sounds to me like your hard drive can't keep up...If that's the case and you keep pounding it (watching recorded HD shows and recording HD at same time), eventually its gonna overheat or crash...

I was wondering because more times that not, I can reproduce this by recording one or two hd programs and trying to watch another off the HDD.

Also, last night after I rebooted and hit the DVR button, it took like 20 seconds to respond and did this for about 5 minutes. Never seen it do that before. Regardless my audio sync issues are becoming a regular occurence.

I wonder what the best contact route is with trying to get another sent. Its a lease and I have DHPP.

Explain all these problems to them and tell them you want another unit. All your problems are symptoms of a faulty HDD. Just give them a call and start the process. Trust me, a new box is gonna make you very happy!

I emailed tech support and they told me it was a known software issue that they were not replacing rcvrs for. Lovely. If its a software problem why is it getting worse :mad:

That sounds like a scripted answer to me. I didn't deal with Dish in getting my replacement unit, I went thru a local installer, so I don't know how hard it is to convince Dish you have bad hardware. Maybe someone here can chime in and help out. Did you call them? I wouldn't rely on email...

Yeah. Ive actually had better luck emailing customer support(account changes/credits) than callins. usually when I call i get someone I cant understand. Ill wait till the next software update(which should be soon) and see if it continues. If it does Ill try back.

Yeah. Ive actually had better luck emailing customer support(account changes/credits) than callins. usually when I call i get someone I cant understand. Ill wait till the next software update(which should be soon) and see if it continues. If it does Ill try back.

Always take the tech support route when calling in. You will get someone in the States..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)