Anyone think the compression on SD took a leap?

JohnTomFerg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I think I have noticed the SD compression (poor color transition and the small artifacts) have become more promement over the last couple of weeks... has anyone else notice a shift in the quality? Or is it just me?

I haven't noticed. But I did notice last night that TBS actually looked better than my OTA MYTV. It's a subchannel and they must compress the heck out of it. It looked really dark and grainy. I was surprised how good E* compressed crap looked compared to it.

My channels look darn good.... I think I've had only one instance of noticeable artifacting on SNL about a month ago.

SD PQ is way better than my Comcast.

My channels look darn good.... I think I've had only one instance of noticeable artifacting on SNL about a month ago.

SD PQ is way better than my Comcast.
I agree but in my case it's cablevision.
I was wondering if E* was compression SD less.

Sci-Fi looked disgusting for The Dresden Files and Battlestar Galactica last weekend. Sci-Fi never looks great, even on analog cable, but this seemed worse than normal.

I second that re the SciFi channel. The degradation has been very noticeable for the last couple of months.

I think I have noticed the SD compression (poor color transition and the small artifacts) have become more promement over the last couple of weeks... has anyone else notice a shift in the quality? Or is it just me?

If you look at my post you'll see i'm complaining about my locals in Philadlephia. They are bad especially ch 57. The other channels seem to be pretty good. I use s-video cable to feed my tv.

Ron

I've noticed more artifacts than usual for the past few days. I thought I was imagining it, but perhaps not. It's not really bad, though.

NHL Center ice SD has always looked rotten, especially from the FSN channels and Comcast Sportsnet Chicago blackhawks games look putrid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)