anyone tried eharmony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarson79

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
things didn't work out between the wife and me and im thinking about joining eharmony but have heard both negatives and positives and hoped that some one could enlight me.

Just for fun, send them a message asking about a "men seeking men" section! ;)

A few of my buddies have tried Match.com, eHamony and (YUCK!) MySpace and they slam all as nothing but crap.

I almost tried EHarmony at one time (more on that later) but it worked wonders for two of my friends. The biggest complaints they had (and, again, I don't know for certain) was that you could not view a picture until the "communication process" was complete and, apparently, the communication process is somewhat long and strung out. Regardless, it did work wonders for both of them and, quite frankly, both of their wives are beautiful! :D

I'm not married (or even engaged) but I met the girl I am currently with at an old workplace. (It was a university). She had graduated from there and wound up working there about nine months after I started... I had just started working there because I had graduated from somewhere else and, really, just needed the money. We both started our graduate degrees there (free of charge) and knew that we would eventually finish and move on... I was on the verge of signing up with EHarmony when, one day, I just decided I'd ask her out to lunch for the heck of it (both football fans). We went to lunch, talked, and had a pretty good time and, from that point on, did that about once a week. Then, at one point, I just said (to be friendly), you should come up to my new house one night or weekend and we'll hang out... And I don't know (and I'm still clueless about how it all started). But you know, if you don't feel comfortable with the online thing: Maybe you should talk to somebody at an exercise club you might belong to, in class (if you are in school), or even at work (just be careful and don't be too pushy there -- actually, don't be too pushy anywhere). One lunch is fairly easy to get somebody to go to and, in all honesty, they probably won't go if they already have a boyfriend or don't like you or whatever. If you can pull that off more than once, then think about dinner, and then invite them to your house, etc. I think I skipped a step (with the dinner) but Olivia (I call her Livvie) was certainly worth it! Now I just got to work on keeping her around... :)

No dating expert but youve hit a homerun with "Livvie". If you can get a girl to go to lunch or dinner youre doing good but in todya's world if you can get one to come to your house and hang out, youre doing exceptionally well based off of my luck.

I have found that it is much harder now than it was 5 or 6 years ago to find a woman online. Back then it was even rough but always thought as the years go by it should be easier due to more and more people getting computers and getting online. It has gotten more difficult instead. I think part of the problem is that the women have gotten pickier because there are more to choose from. Another thing is that there are always going to be more men looking for women than there will be women looking for men. That is good for women, bad for men. I have always found that women I try to talk to and get to know better online or in person tend to lie a lot especially when it comes to whether or not they are dating or seeing someone else. I find them always getting with someone else before I get to meet them or getting back with one of their ex's even if they say that the ex abused them or mistreated them. I have noticed after so much time has passed that many things that used to happen continue to happen over and over as if history is repeating itself. It is now harder to find someone that will even talk to you online let alone meet you and that it is harder to find someone that is interested.

I have not had much luck with MySpace either. I thought at first that since that is where everyone goes then there should definitely be some people on there but many of them are not on there to find a relationship and the ones that are - they are picky or talking to a dozen other guys. I tend to look at their friends list to see what kind of people they like.

There are some free personals sites out there such as :

OkCupid.com: Free Online Dating ,

Free Online Dating, Personals & Matchmaking for Dating Singles

Matchdoctor | 100% Free Online Dating & Personal Ads

Plentyoffish.com Free Online Dating Service & Dating Site

and I have had a few women message me from Cupid.com. Find singles online and at our local speed dating events. (I dont know if they get to message guys for free or if I just lucked out).

There is so much more that I could say because I have been through a lot of bull with women and have lost a lot of my trust in them (probably due to my age bracket in that a lot of women my age are still not 100% mature) and that may not apply to those in an older age bracket.

Last edited:
I have found that it is much harder now than it was 5 or 6 years ago to find a woman online. Back then it was even rough but always thought as the years go by it should be easier due to more and more people getting computers and getting online. It has gotten more difficult instead. I think part of the problem is that the women have gotten pickier because there are more to choose from. Another thing is that there are always going to be more men looking for women than there will be women looking for men. That is good for women, bad for men. I have always found that women I try to talk to and get to know better online or in person tend to lie a lot especially when it comes to whether or not they are dating or seeing someone else. I find them always getting with someone else before I get to meet them or getting back with one of their ex's even if they say that the ex abused them or mistreated them. I have noticed after so much time has passed that many things that used to happen continue to happen over and over as if history is repeating itself. It is now harder to find someone that will even talk to you online let alone meet you and that it is harder to find someone that is interested.

I have not had much luck with MySpace either. I thought at first that since that is where everyone goes then there should definitely be some people on there but many of them are not on there to find a relationship and the ones that are - they are picky or talking to a dozen other guys. I tend to look at their friends list to see what kind of people they like.

There are some free personals sites out there such as OkCupid.com: Free Online Dating , Free Online Dating, Personals & Matchmaking for Dating Singles Matchdoctor | 100% Free Online Dating & Personal Ads and I have had a few women message me from Cupid.com. Find singles online and at our local speed dating events. (I dont know if they get to message guys for free or if I just lucked out).

There is so much more that I could say because I have been through a lot of bull with women and have lost a lot of my trust in them (probably due to my age bracket in that a lot of women my age are still not 100% mature) and that may not apply to those in an older age bracket.

Well said and I know the feeling. If I were this guy up above (the girl coming by to hang out and stuff) I'd be so thrilled. Notice even he indicated he met her at work. I think its generally just harder to meet women now. I know a few people that have gone to "mega churches" and met people.

I have heard both good and bad things about eHarmony. But I suppose that no matter how you choose to meet people it is always a crap shoot.

I tried eharmony when I got into an argument with my girlfriend that ended up lasting almost 4 months!

I didn't like the fact that they didn't show pictures, and then they expected payment to start the communication process.

Looks like they are pretty dam desprite for business because they keep on sending me emails about their Free weekends where you do not have to pay.

Shoot, we don't need eharmony here in Appalachia. We just choose another cousin.:D :D :D

migrants13.jpg

There are some free personals sites out there such as :

OkCupid.com: Free Online Dating ,

Free Online Dating, Personals & Matchmaking for Dating Singles

Matchdoctor | 100% Free Online Dating & Personal Ads

Plentyoffish.com Free Online Dating Service & Dating Site

and I have had a few women message me from Cupid.com. Find singles online and at our local speed dating events. (I dont know if they get to message guys for free or if I just lucked out).

I myself have not used Eharmony or Matc, but have used Plentoffish and I say, "Stay the hell away from that site!!!" Maybe because it is free, but I myself and others I have talked too have had nothing but disasters from people we met on that site. People lying about themselves, women actually looking to sell sex, and pictures that are not even their's.

Tyr anything but Plentyoffish.

How's that old joke go? "6 million hillbillies, 24 last names.":D Good to see a sense of humor around here, still.:D

Sense of humor?:mad:

I was being serious.

We DO have a few standards. We don't marry full-blood sisters, only half sisters.:) As far as names go, you're being a little liberal; there are only 21. Our birth defect rate is MUCH lower than most ppl think. It's only 58%. Pretty cool, huh?

Anyway...keep it in the family, guys & gals!!!

ps - Don't make me come up there and open up a can of "Next of Kin". :D

...I know a few people that have gone to "mega churches" and met people.

The lady I work with rec'd a suggestion from a woman at the printers. She was told "Go meet a man in church. That's where all 5 of my husbands came from!" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)