Anyone tried using a late-model Acer AspireRevo as a media center computer?

anik

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2004
U.S.A.
In case you don't know what I'm talking about, see this review: Acer AspireRevo Upgraded: Windows 7, Ion Graphics, Dual-Core Atom CPU - Acer AspireRevo R3610-U9012 - Gizmodo

It looks just about perfect for a media center computer… small, low power, looks like it would be quiet in operation, and I'd THINK powerful enough to send stored video material to your TV. And, it has an HDMI port. Only drawback might be that you can't plug in any cards. I just wondered if anyone had used one of these as the basis of a media center? I think you can get them with Linux rather than Windows, although maybe that's just on eBay.

I can't really afford to experiment so wondered if anyone was using one of these in this way. If not, what would be a good choice for a small computer for a media center, with low power consumption, low noise, and an HDMI port?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, see this review: Acer AspireRevo Upgraded: Windows 7, Ion Graphics, Dual-Core Atom CPU - Acer AspireRevo R3610-U9012 - Gizmodo

It looks just about perfect for a media center computer… small, low power, looks like it would be quiet in operation, and I'd THINK powerful enough to send stored video material to your TV. And, it has an HDMI port. Only drawback might be that you can't plug in any cards. I just wondered if anyone had used one of these as the basis of a media center? I think you can get them with Linux rather than Windows, although maybe that's just on eBay.

I can't really afford to experiment so wondered if anyone was using one of these in this way. If not, what would be a good choice for a small computer for a media center, with low power consumption, low noise, and an HDMI port?

I think it would be fine for streaming 1080p. And yeah, it doesn't look like it has the room for any sot of cards, except maybe mini-pci. Hard to tell without owning one, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)