Anything new on ESPNU?

Now that DirecTv has announced they will have it available in the next month or so, will Dish follow?

The DirecTv news release Scott G. referenced in his headline says DirecTv will have an extended list of new HD channels added "beginning in May..." and added incrementally over a period of months. There is no assurance that I saw that ESPNU will be added any time soon--such as within the next month or so. From the tone of the news release, it seem to me the list of 30 new additions to DirecTv will probably take up to 12 months to be added.

By my unofficial memory count Dish has added some 19 new HD channels (not RSNs) since the beginning of this year. They've also added more PPV and VOD capacity, but I don't normally use those so that stuff is pretty irrelevant to me; it wouldn't be so if I had a large family who could sit around and watch a PPV movie together.

As the previous poster commented, Dish and ESPN/Disney are engaged in a programming dispute. Dish's side of the story is they paid ESPN for some high definition programming ESPN didn't provide to them (but did provide to other carriers such as DirecTv), and Dish would like to have its money back. I've never heard ESPN's side of the argument, if they have one--probably just that Dish should go climb a stump. ESPN/Disney is really, really arrogant. Their commentators also seem to have developed a "God complex" in the last year or two.

Best regards,
Fitzie

ESPNU

Good response, Fitzie. I would also like to congratulate you on your excellent grammar, spelling and syntax. This is something rarely seen in bullentin board posts these days. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts