Archos 604 Wifi / DishNetwork Information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Celestial

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
All:

I decided I would not wait for the PocketDish to come out next year and purchased a Archos 604 WiFi (Amazon). Anyway, I hear that it would support content transfer on the 622.

Today, I plugged in the Archos to the 622 and it recognized it. I was able to transfer photos from the device to the 622. Unfortunately, when I tried to transfer content it said "This feature is not yet supported".

The PocketDish has custom firmware to support Dish Network content. I don't believe that you can change the firmware on a standard Archos unit to enable this capability.

Archos / DishNetwork

The PocketDish has custom firmware to support Dish Network content. I don't believe that you can change the firmware on a standard Archos unit to enable this capability.

Archos / DishNetwork have a partnership where E* will sell a new PocketDish. It will basically be the same hardware I have now but with the plugin available for playing E* content.

I will most likely have to pay for that plugin, but I can see where if you buy the PocketDish 604 where they can just give it to you for free. I paid $20.00 for the Cinema Pak to play mpg/vob on my device, so that would be a way to get ppl to buy it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)