Are Movie Trailers Too Long?

I recall an article about the Dark Knight Rises trailers. About 46 minutes of film footage could have been pieced together from all its different trailers prior to opening night.

I want trailers to interest me in the movie, give me an accurate idea of what the movie is about, and leave the plot details out. Showing the enemy spacecraft blow up scene in the trailers to try to generate a wow effect kind of gives away the entire movie. I was upset with the Star Trek movie trailer giving away too much, but at least they mislead what happened in the trailers.

Went to see Man of Steal at 10pm a few weeks back (2h20m movie)... no bull, after all the commercials, the cinema promotions then trailers.. the featured movie ended at 1am.

Its gotten to be too much. They should "correct" the start times to the actual start time of the movie and not when the lights go down.

Also, the 2-3 teasers, then 2-3 trailers... too much.

The 2 theaters I usually frequent are very different. One only shows 3 preview before the movie. They also include the 10 minutes on their web page for show run times.

The other theater does 25 minutes of previews (after a few commecials). For this one I will leave the house at the time the show is supposed to start and still make it with popcorn in plenty of time before the movie starts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)