Are there any GOOD stories out there on 622, Mpeg4, etc?

sscinokc

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Okay, I just got the 811 a few weeks ago, before I knew about the 622. E* has offered me until today the chance to trade in and get the 622, and apply the $100 lease from the 811 to the 622.

So, I've been waiting to hear some good experiences about the 622, the Mpeg4, the new metalic package lineups, etc...but I can't find anything.

so...does anyone have any POSITIVE comments? :confused:

Also waiting....

I think you better jump on that deal, man. Otherwise you're gonna end up wasting money at some point.

Has anyone even received one yet? I'm kind of waiting on that too.....but I've had my 811 for about a year and a half. I just want to make sure the stinking thing works. Nobody is getting them until mid-late Feb. anyway.

Did they offer you the $100 credit toward the 622 in writing?

I ask because a person out of the Dish CEO office offered me a $99 credit from an almost new 811 toward a 942 lease and I accepted after verifying the offer three times during the conversation.

However now, after taking the offer and having the 942 installed, they refuse to credit my account, citing that this is not a standard offer and that I have no written proof that it was extended to me.

I didn't know that I should have taped the phone conversation at the time.

As to MPEG4 and the new packages, I've seen a number of positive posts in the HDTV forum from people receiving them with the 211/411 receivers.

Tom,

Dish keeps a journal of every conversation that you have with them. I went through a horrendous install last year that took 5 trips to my home before it was completed. The last guy there had a printout of every call that I had made to either customer service or the executive office. He gave it to me for my file. It actually went back several years.

Having said that - it didn't contain anything verbatim, but had whatever notes each person I spoke with decided to type in.

I would try the executive office, and ask them to look up the record of what you were promised.

The people there have been very helpful to me in the past.

Dealers just started receiving the receivers today wait a week for posts of problems, there will only be a few because very few have been shipped.

Got my mpeg 4 reciever last friday. After 2 days of reboots things have been great. Really enjoy the new channels and knowing that I can recieve any new HD channels in the future. By the way I have a 411
My rating
First 2 Days= Thumbs down
Last 4 Days= Thumbs up

SouthRider said:
Tom,

Dish keeps a journal of every conversation that you have with them. I went through a horrendous install last year that took 5 trips to my home before it was completed. The last guy there had a printout of every call that I had made to either customer service or the executive office. He gave it to me for my file. It actually went back several years.

Having said that - it didn't contain anything verbatim, but had whatever notes each person I spoke with decided to type in.

Reminds me of that old Seinfeld episode where Julia Dreyfuss kept trying to see what was on her medical chart.

Wow, my report would probably be 6 ft. long given all of the Dishplayer and 921 calls I've had to make over the years.......

I made three subsequent contacts with the CEO office, two with the very person I spoke to. I was polite in all and pointed out that I would not have taken the 942 deal if this part of the trade-in hadn't been offered. There is no way I could be mistaken, as before we hung up I repeated that in the end, I would be on the hook for $151 - in the form of the $250 upfront lease cost for the 942 minus the $99 programming credit for sending back the 811. She said yes, that is correct.

But now she denies having made the offer and I have been told that I am not going to get it. This despite being a nearly 8 year customer who has a greater than $100 monthy subscription and who has referred multiple other people to Dish as new subscribers.

At first I thought it was purely a miscommunication, that there was no way Dish was going to stick me up for $99 given that I am a $1400 annual customer, but I was wrong. They did it.

I've still got 9.5 months to go on the 942 leasing committee too. The commitment I would not have signed had they not enticed me into it with lies.

And I want the 622, I've got to pay another $99 in April.

In the end, I will have paid $448 ($99 + $250 + $99) and I will have a leased 622.

I do plan to cut down on the services I subscribe too. I should be able to trim my monthly bill by $27 and still keep over 90% of my 30 most watched channels.

If I stay with Dish for 2 more years, then it nets out as follows:

Scenario A) I keep my 811 until I upgrade to 622 lease. Total cost to me of $398, but no lies or failures to honor commitments by Dish. I stay at current programming level.

Scenario B) I pay $448, as described above, for a 622 lease. So I'm down $50. But since I was disrespected as a customer, I reduce programming by $27/month.

Over a two year period, Dish ends up with $598 ($27 x 24 months - $50) less revenue from me because they insisted upon screwing me out of $99.

So did Dish win by failing to honor their word? I don't think so.

The old adage of "Penny wise, Pound foolish" comes to mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)