Are there any satisfied DISH customers

darkcharm73

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I am currently a Directv subscriber and I am feed up with there lousy service. I am changing to the DISH, but a majority of the comments posted are negative. For my Directv dropped to ball and I will NEVER use them again. I am only left with the option of DISH, VOOM (too new for me at this time) and the money hungry cable company.

Are there any customers satisfied with there equipment and service? Or are we settle for the lesser evil or these providers.

Dark :no

As hard as it is to believe,

I'm actually a happy E* sub. I started off with D* and left due to a couple of billing errors that never got resolved as well as wanting a couple of channels that are not available on D*.

I've been a Dish customer for over 5 years and overall it's been a positive experience. They do have all the symptoms of a company that's grown too fast but they still beat the hell out of my local cable company.

With Dish's new no commitment lease program you really don't have anything to loose by giving them a try. If you don't like them you can just move on to something else.

NightRyder

I too have been a long-time Dish Network customer (going on 7 years now) and as NightRyder said too, overall it's been a positive experience. Sure, I've got my quibbles about various things, but considering the problems I had with my local cable company, they're minor in comparison.

Yes I'm a satisfied Dish Net customer since 1997, my satisfaction would be complete when they get NFL Sunday Ticket, that will happen when Hell freezes over :(

I have been with Dish since Jan of 97 after leaving Prime Star Satellite service. I for the most part love Dish and picked it last year over Directv, which I had also for a year ending in Dec of 2003. I do my fair share of complaining about certain issues with software , locals and their pq , but over all Dish has worked with me to try to rectify anything I have talked about. They have always been pretty good at working with me on customer service issues. I think I have a little to much invested with Dish both financially and emotionally as well. I love an underdog and Charlie has always acted like he tries harder . I respect that in a person and a company.

The only real complaint I had with Directv was I could never get an American on the phone when I tried to call to complain of an issue, until I disconnected and then I got an older American woman who couldn't offer me enough things to stay with them. :D

I've been a customer for about 6 years and I love Dish. I am also extremely happy with their new receivers so far. I have a 921, a 322, and 2/522's and in spite of all the problems that some seem to be having with their equipment, I have had little if any.
And their DVR's will be even better once they become name based like the Tivo.

I'm very happy! I've only been with them for about 6 months, and the only receiver I've had is the (buggy?) 522, but like everyone else says, it beats the cable company! I just never have like Rupert and his D*.
If you do get the 522, just go in knowing there will be a few minor bugs - nothing more than annoying - and you'll be fine. It's no TiVo, but then again, it's no VCR either! hehe
Good luck with whichever you choose.

I have had both E* and D* and not including one MAJOR gaff in my D* billing, that took nearly 3 months to get straight, I think they are both 99% the same and I like them both. That small 1% nod being toward D* for the NFL Sunday Ticket exclusive. If you need that package, stay with D*. Otherwise, like everyone else has stated, ALL companies will have their minor pitfalls from time to time and this is where we hash them out and get advise between users; thus the mostly negative views I guess. When all is peachy, you will be watching the TV and not reading or posting here. People just don't take equal time to post positive comments unless its a reply to help another user's issues. So if you want to test the water, lower your D* as low as you can and get a E* no commitment promo for a few months.

Bizzach said:
If you do get the 522, just go in knowing there will be a few minor bugs - nothing more than annoying - and you'll be fine. It's no TiVo, but then again, it's no VCR either! hehe
Good luck with whichever you choose.
Just make sure that the 522 that you get was never owned by anyone named "Chris Coop" :D

I Have both D* and E* and am happy with both.

On D* I only have 3 sport packages including Sunday Ticket & NBA (grandfathered).

On E* I have AEP & HDTV package.

I find the PQ the same on both (sometimes one or the other or both can be crap).

So, I like both and it is really the channels that should be the deciding factor. If you need the NFL, stay with D*, and if you need the superstations, go with E*.

I have been a Dish subscriber over 5 years and was an unhappy Directv subscriber before that. I am very happy with Dish. You have to remember that happy people do not usually post happy comments. People do not want to read about happy subscribers, they want to read about the problems. The equipment problems are minor, but blown out of proportion by the vocal few. Dish does have a basic problem with releasing buggy equipment that has not been properly beta tested. But they do fix it sooner or later and most of the bugs are minor anyway.

I"ve been with Dish since 1996 and never had any real problems - at least that couldn't be fixed. For several years I was bothered by the fact that Dish "gave away the store" to new subscribers while ignoring us old folk, but lately they throw us a bone every now and then. I've even had good luck with the 811 receiver, maybe because I waited until most of the bugs were fixed.

I have been told, and read somewhere on the web, that Sony's HD receiver for Direct TV is far better than anything Dish could ever hope for, but that won't do you much good. Give us a try - with all the offers being made I'm sure you can try Dish with little or no money out of pocket and no commitment.
jynx

I am happy with Dish. I have been with them for a number of years. Can't remember how many. Yes they need to have better quality control on their receivers. I don't know what your situation is on D* so I am not sure how upset you are with them.

Personally if HD is where you want to go, I would wait and see where the HD world goes and who actually offers the best in about 6 months. It is a pain to switch, so I would make sure that you jump to someplace you will be happy long term. HD is a ? on both Dish and DirectTV as I see it. In 6 months we should have an idea of how these companies are really commited.

DITTO!! for me too.
I have had a 301, 501, 6000, & now 921 receivers. I have been happy with all of them. Even the 921!!!! I now just have the 501 & 921. I also have the Everything Pak (AEP). I have been pleased with content, equipment, & even customer service.

goaliebob99 said:
hell will freez over in 2007! its allready been anounced that dtv lost exclusive rights..
They paid $$$$ to have satellite exclusive rights up through 2007. After that I would suspect that DTV will pay more $$$$ to keep it a satellite exclusive for years to come. :( There *is* a possibility that after the contract with the networks are renegotiated in 2005, cable will have a crack at getting NFL ST.

jerryez said:
You have to remember that happy people do not usually post happy comments. People do not want to read about happy subscribers, they want to read about the problems.

Taking that into account, and combined with the fact that DirecTV has 30% more subs than Dish, one has to wonder why there are so many more posts of complaint, frustration, and/or unhappiness from Dish subs.

Just sayin'.

Dish has what, 10 million customers ?? Remember, "no news is good news". People rarely voice their "compliments" about companies or services, they only bitch about things....

With that, I'm a "satisfied" Dish customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)