Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
This weekend I went to an end of the summer family picnic, and while it was fun it also opened my eyes on some issues. In speaking to members of my family I found that a vast amount of them are subscribers of DIRECTV. I was also surprised to find that mo... (more)

CLICK HERE FOR THE REST...

Catch new editions of "The Satellite Dish" every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at MultiChannelNews.COM!

I see a lot of posts about diplexers for OTA channels. Do diplexers need to be also removed to receive the new channels.

I figured this was the case Scott, so I am not surprised at all.

That comment was quite harsh on there. Just because he got a call doesn't mean the majority got that call.

I see a lot of posts about diplexers for OTA channels. Do diplexers need to be also removed to receive the new channels.

D* says that you can't use diplexors with the new sat since the OTA frequencies will conflict with that they're doing with the Ka band frequencies. However some folks have said if they put the BBC at the output of a WB68 or WB618 switch (which is inside, BBC's aren't weatherproof) and then connect the diplexor that it works but some say it doesn't. The safe thing to do is not use them. The new SWM switches coming out one of these days will support diplexing OTA and DBS signal.

More to the point of the article, I too have expereinced the same thing,

In my office, I've tried to keep the two others with D* HD updated on the upcoming changes. They both have sat on the fence.

I've been upgraded since early this year, I told them to do the same thing. Avoid the rush!
I've gotten the phone calls, the snail mailings, e-mails etc. So have they.

But, each still with the old gear, one still has a samsung 360 box!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)