As God is my witness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
WooT, that was awesome! thanks for sharing it, and Happy Thanksgiving.

OH the HUmanity!!

PRiceless episode. I loved this show back when I was in high school.

Oh the 70s ... A gentler time with tighter jeans and long feathered hair. I remember hair, it was nice to have that much to feather. I used to wear my Hair like Gary Sandy ( the guy with the cap) and was a lot of work to maintain. NO hairspray was allowed back then if you were cool. You only used a big comb with a handle and you constantly worked to maintain your "wings". Everytime you went outside your hair would fly and you would have to comb it over and over to keep it out of your face. Now if I didn't have hairspray and some jell , I wouldn't have any hairstyle at all.

Yep; with all the garbage in syndication; WHY OH WHY is WKRP not on nationally? It was a great comedy.
I used to watch that show all the time, definitely miss it but it was ran nationaly and localy for a long time. I guess it doesnt have the same pull as M.A.S.H. or Fresh Prince does. Might have something to do with the long term viability of the cast, Allen Alda still does some acting from time to time and Will Smith well he's a top fiver right now.

Yep; with all the garbage in syndication; WHY OH WHY is WKRP not on nationally? It was a great comedy.
One of my favorite shows. My guess the reason it hasn't been in syndication except for a brief run in the late '90's on Nick, after being one of the most popular sit-coms in syndication during it's first decade, is the same reason it has had a tough road to DVD. The music was only licensed for about 10 years, and the show had some great music that was an important part of a number of the shows. The run on Nick and the DVD of the first season were of shows where sound-a-like songs substituted for the big name songs. This also required some dialog that was mixed in with the music had to be redone by sound-a-like actors, and some dialog and scenes were simply cut. Also, the show was video-taped, not filmed, because it was easier/cheaper to license the songs for a taped show, rather than a filmed show. So the quality after this time could be a problem.

Ah, another of those "greedy bastard" reason; thanks for the info Bogy. I sure miss this and Night Court. At least when A&E did the Night Court marathon in eps order I did manage to catch most with the DVR and dump them to my PC for archiving.

I've often wondered if it would survive the transition from TV to movie. But in a sense, the movie "FM" was the theatrical version of it (can't remember which came out 1st..."FM" or "WKRP")

As a side note, wild turkeys can fly. We have a small group of wild turkeys that roam around my office campus and I've seen a few of them fly.

Cheers,

Yes, wild turkeys do fly. They often roost in trees for the night, and they don't climb up there. When I lived in St. Louis county, Missouri, we lived on 18 acres, about 2/3rds of which were wooded. We lived on the top of a ridge, and our neighbor down on the road below us fed the turkeys. They made the trip from the woods behind us, past our house and down to our neighbors twice a day. On at least one occasion I was between them and the woods they wanted to return to, and they flew over my head. I also one time came within six inches of a turkey flying through my car windshield. Wild turkeys don't fly far, but they do fly. Then again, wild turkeys don't weigh as much as the domestic turkeys, and they aren't bred for huge breasts.

What's amazing is how such a large bird can get airborne almost instantly (they catapult themselves off the ground vertically first, sometimes by dozens of feet!) then fly quickly through the dense woods without hitting anything that would bring them down. Some must have 6'+ wingspans at that!

We live land-locked in privately-owned woods. There are several flocks around. Sometimes we go for whole seasons without seeing them, then for a period of several weeks we have a whole flock in the back yard picking-up grubs, etc. almost every morning. If we move very slowly we don't seem to scare them off. Sometimes 30+ birds of all sizes. The toms are very impressive, usually only 1 per flock visible. I'll "raise" a flock (scare them into flight) some mornings as I drive down my lane. What an impressive sight! Seem to be very inquisitive and intelligent as well, vs. the domesticated variety that we raised for several years. No wonder Franklin wanted to see them (wild turkeys) as the national bird...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)