At the end of 2 year price lock?

Finally just decided to pull the trigger now instead of waiting to contract end. While I will have to pay the early termination fee, the monthly savings more than make up for it

Tried PS Vue and just couldn’t deal with their guide. Finally settled on Sling TV. Got the Orange/Blue with cloud DVR, Lifestyle and Sports packages. Went with a Tablo 4 tuner DVR for my locals. Was looking hard at a TiVo but the high monthly fees and cost involved in adding a mini extender just didn’t make sense. With Tablo I’ve got a whole home system for my locals and guide data for a $5 monthly or $150 lifetime service fee. With the Tablo app I can watch TV anywhere. Bought a SideClick attachment for my Fire TV Stick to use with voice activation with the new set up. Everything can be controlled through the Fire TV Stick using the Sling and Tablo apps. May not be a good alternative for most people but it works for me. Will more than likely come back to DISH at some point in time since they consider me a customer since 2006.

Did Dish offer you any deals to stay when you cancelled?

Flex Pack $29.99 once Bowl Season is over Monday to stop supporting ESPN
America's Top 120 $49.99 my current package through Bowl season
Could've saved yourself $10/mo by just going with Flex Pack + National action pack. More if you'd only activate the National pack on days with bowl games.

Reactions: pattykay
Could've saved yourself $10/mo by just going with Flex Pack + National action pack. More if you'd only activate the National pack on days with bowl games.

Except I was watching networks also during college FB season so would've spent same price for less channels. sports pack + networks $20 added to flex same as price as top 120 and getting less channels.

Just went through this. I have 120+ and H3. Got a $15 Prefered Customer Discount and a $5 DVR fee discount. For me that ended up a better price than going with Flex and the packages I would have needed to add on to get the programming I wanted. Downside, another 2 year commitment.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Yes If you need to add 2 packages on flex you might as well keep 120 pack for $4 dollars more and get many more channels.
Why I was never high on flex but dropping locals and sports during off season for programming I won't watch does work. I get my news channels on Sirius XM radio.

I get most of the channels I want when I want them and pay little more than the base flex pack. I don't keep the add-ons for more than a day when I need them.

Reactions: pattykay

If only it was that easy! By staying with Flex I would have had to add the National Action Package, Heartland Package and the Variety Package and still wouldn’t have got some channels that are important to us such as BBCAmerica, Golf channel, NFL Redzone, LMN and many more. I thought it was an easy decision. By adding and canceling packages on a daily basis that just isn’t something I want to have to keep up with.

If only it was that easy! By staying with Flex I would have had to add the National Action Package, Heartland Package and the Variety Package and still wouldn’t have got some channels that are important to us such as BBCAmerica, Golf channel, NFL Redzone, LMN and many more. I thought it was an easy decision. By adding and canceling packages on a daily basis that just isn’t something I want to have to keep up with.
Geez. I was responding to camo who stated that they were going to go to Flex pack from AT120 after bowl season to drop ESPN. I was pointing out TO HIM that there was another way to get ESPN without paying as much for AT120.

Each customer must decide which package and options is right for them, and having more choices is a good thing.

[
I’m paying $39.99/month for 100mbps through Comcast, and they’re the only option I have for high speed internet. This article makes it sound like if you have internet only, you’re having to pay the standard rate, and IMO that isn’t true. Like many have said previous to me, all you gotta do is call and tell them you’re canceling, and they miraculously find a better offer. Granted, you have to do that every year, it’s just the game they’re playing and counting on people that never call in again.

Plus this article, although with a recent dateline, seems outdated, since Comcast just moved their 25mbps tier to 60, and their 75 to 100.

Best I could get from Comcast in my area on a cancellation threat was a $45 bundle of 25mb and limited basic TV. With that limited basic TV they also add a $7 locals surcharge so with taxes I'm paying about $55/mo. And it includes a 1-year commitment.

Best I could get from Comcast in my area on a cancellation threat was a $45 bundle of 25mb and limited basic TV. With that limited basic TV they also add a $7 locals surcharge so with taxes I'm paying about $55/mo. And it includes a 1-year commitment.
Comcast also includes HBO in the package, which I never watch.

I am switching to Uverse AT&T next month when my contract is over. They have incredible deals for new customers. Flex Pack is okay but it is expensive compared to DirecTV at $35.

Comcast also includes HBO in the package, which I never watch.

I am switching to Uverse AT&T next month when my contract is over. They have incredible deals for new customers. Flex Pack is okay but it is expensive compared to DirecTV at $35.

Again, it's $35 for the first 12 months. After that you better get ready to pay some big bills.

[
I’m paying $39.99/month for 100mbps through Comcast, and they’re the only option I have for high speed internet. This article makes it sound like if you have internet only, you’re having to pay the standard rate, and IMO that isn’t true. Like many have said previous to me, all you gotta do is call and tell them you’re canceling, and they miraculously find a better offer. Granted, you have to do that every year, it’s just the game they’re playing and counting on people that never call in again.

Plus this article, although with a recent dateline, seems outdated, since Comcast just moved their 25mbps tier to 60, and their 75 to 100.

You are very fortunate. I suspect that your price is low because of competition. In the country where I live, Spectrum or Satellite are my only options. If I bundle cable, phone, and internet the base cost is $33 for each. Of coarse that is for the first year.

I only get internet and pay $64.99 per month for the default speed of 100/10. I use phonepower for my voip at a cost of $236.54 per year. My Dish bill is $170.64 per month. I could save money with Spectrum’s triple bundle but I love my 2 Hopper3 and Joey receivers. Whenever I visit my son, I am shocked by how crude the Spectrum DVR equipment is compared to Dish. Dish is light years ahead of everyone else. Plus several family members enjoy my Dish content through Dish Anywhere. You get what you pay for.

Why do you pay for voip for $237? I use Google Voice and it is completely free. Unless you do a lot of international calling.
Me too, haven't paid for home phone for several years. Gotta pay for overpriced Charter internet, might as well use it (can only get speed of 30 for same price as others pay for 60 which is ridiculous).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)