AT9 same alignment as 3 LNB dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

loudo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I am installing this new dish tonight and i dont have an H20 yet so i am wondering is the tilt, azimuth and elevation the same as the triple LNB??

Thanks in advance

my zip is 54915 if that makes any difference

no.

green bay/appleton at9 settings are :

203 azimuth
37 elevation
78 tilt

zone two for the lnb offset (you will use the middle holes)

Last edited:
i will crendall.............i got the dish off ebay so hopefully it works!!!

do you know if the install companies up here are still doing the triple LNB dishes or have they made the switch?

I've always done self-installs so I'm not sure what the install companies are putting in now. I thought I read somewhere that all installs are getting the AT-9 now.

My 3LNB is currently on the roof but I'd like to do a pole mount on the ground with the AT-9 or SlimDish when that comes out.

loudo said:
I am installing this new dish tonight and i dont have an H20 yet so i am wondering is the tilt, azimuth and elevation the same as the triple LNB??

Thanks in advance

my zip is 54915 if that makes any difference

DO YOU HAVE A BIRDOG?..hope you do,if youre gonna tune it:D

i dont have a birddog, im just gonna use the box and go from there.

im not too worried about it....................

im a "mover"...........otherwise i would have D* do it!!!

If you drag the TV and receiver on the roof you might have a chance, otherwise get a meter or a professional to install it. The person tweaking the dish needs instant feedback on levels as the dish is aligned and you can’t do that with the meter across the house or with someone yelling out the levels.
Bob

little dish guy said:
If you drag the TV and receiver on the roof you might have a chance, otherwise get a meter or a professional to install it. The person tweaking the dish needs instant feedback on levels as the dish is aligned and you can’t do that with the meter across the house or with someone yelling out the levels.
Bob

Thats the plan!!!

well, its all set.......took about an hour to align everything just right!
got signals in the 90's on sats 101, 110, 119......i dont have an h20 yet so i cant check the 103, but it should be fine.

just brought my ts360 and a small tv outside and my friend adjusted the dish from there, it was similar to the triple LNB as far as difficulty aligning.

its mounted on the side of my deck's overhang....i guess thats the best way of putting it

its about 8 feet off the ground

Reminds me of the time I helped my folks setup their system. They live in East Texas in the middle of the piney woods. The view of the southern sky was clear but only if the dish was placed in the middle of a pond. I was out in a small boat with the dish to test the location. The cable was run back to dry land where a small tv and receiver were setup. We were able verify that the site would work, but holding station while the boat was drifting was a real challenge. The pond drains down in the winter, so when that happened, they sunk a mast and ran the cables through pvc back to dry land. The dish was placed high enough so it would never be under water.

And in case anyone aks why we just didn't place it on dry land, we tried. While we could get a clear view, the signal would not work. The only reason we could come up with is the heavy iron content in the soil. Whether that is a reasonable cause or not, I couldn't say. The only thing we knew was that it worked out in the water but not on dry land.

Attachments

• Dish1003.jpg
    Dish1003.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
At9

Did you keep your old receiver's dish setting at triple LNB? I've got a DTC210 RCA and the new H20. The H20 has the option for the AT9, but obviously the RCA does not. Just curious as to how you set your older receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts