Audience Network shutting down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zeebre12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 25, 2015
new york
With everything going streaming what's the future of this channel? AT&T now have various other platforms to broadcast content. All it really has going for it is Mr Mercedes. It is also only available to U Verse/Directv. It will hardly last much longer. Mr Mercedes will probably move to HBO Max. Any new content planned for this channel?

With everything going streaming what's the future of this channel? AT&T now have various other platforms to broadcast content. All it really has going for it is Mr Mercedes. It is also only available to U Verse/Directv. It will hardly last much longer. Mr Mercedes will probably move to HBO Max. Any new content planned for this channel?

As long as Dan Patrick has a show, Audience will survive. At least it better. That is one of the main reasons I have Directv.

what will happen to Audience Series? like Condor and Mr. Mercedes? i know them series don't compare to Kingdom but they are still good

Never cared about any of the shows on that channel, to each his own. Did watch Dan Patrick a little on my rare weekdays off. Apparently rights to that show are up in the air.

Never cared about any of the shows on that channel, to each his own. Did watch Dan Patrick a little on my rare weekdays off. Apparently rights to that show are up in the air.
I wonder if it stays on B/R Live.

This adds to the speculation off DTV staying in the sports business. Will they drop Sunday Ticket.

I question this move. How much did Audience cost to operate. They own the network and don't offer it to other providers. I think they should have, they could have made more money off of the network. Can they make any more turning it into an HBO Max infomercial if it's still just on DTV. Either just shut it down and take it off the lineup or use one of the 50 infomercial channels they have now and make that the HBO Max info channel.

Reactions: longhorn23
It's expected that Audience's original series will move to HBO Max, which makes total sense to me. Why spread their budget for original content around to several different outlets? Make it count by putting it all in the one service that will be the future of AT&T's entertainment strategy, HBO Max. (Also, note that the same folks in charge of the new line of Max Originals for HBO Max are also in charge of programming for TBS, TNT and TruTV and it's expected that those networks' originals will also show up on HBO Max.)

Audience's sports-themed Dan Patrick Show and Rich Eisen show are already on B/R Live. Perhaps any other sports stuff, like documentaries, that Audience has will go there too.

Perhaps the live concerts that Audience aired (like the upcoming AT&T TV Super Saturday concert that precedes the Super Bowl) will still air live on the HBO Max Preview channel and be available for on-demand streaming thereafter inside HBO Max.

As I've posted before, I also expect we'll see AT&T kill Cinemax and roll its smallish library of original content into HBO Max (as the latter half of that name has always suggested to some of us). Cinemax just doesn't offer enough to justify its existence as a standalone service any more. Same rotating library of theatrical films as HBO has but hardly any exclusive original content. Cinemax aired a whopping 17 hours of fresh original content in 2019 (8 episodes of Warrior and 9 episodes of Jett). That's far less than Epix, which costs only $6/mo. Meanwhile, Cinemax costs anywhere from $10-14/mo.

I think the main strategy for Cinemax has long been as a sweetener that HBO's cable distribution partners could add to their packages to make them look more attractive. "Step up to our Gold tier and get both HBO *and* Cinemax included! Cinemax has a monthly value of $12 on its own!" Except almost no one actually paid that because very few bought it a la carte. And now both Comcast and Charter have dumped it from all their bundles to save money (and DISH doesn't even sell it any more, or HBO for that matter). Note that HBO never bothered to launch a "Max Now" standalone streaming version of Cinemax. And for that matter, they never brought the Max Go app for their Cinemax cable subscribers over to any TV-connected devices like Roku or Apple TV, the way that they did with the HBO Go app years ago. Max Go is only on mobile devices.

In lots of ways, Cinemax feels to me like a brand and service from the turn of the century. Like Audience, it's run its course. Time to fold it into HBO Max.

It's expected that Audience's original series will move to HBO Max, which makes total sense to me. Why spread their budget for original content around to several different outlets? Make it count by putting it all in the one service that will be the future of AT&T's entertainment strategy, HBO Max. (Also, note that the same folks in charge of the new line of Max Originals for HBO Max are also in charge of programming for TBS, TNT and TruTV and it's expected that those networks' originals will also show up on HBO Max.)

Audience's sports-themed Dan Patrick Show and Rich Eisen show are already on B/R Live. Perhaps any other sports stuff, like documentaries, that Audience has will go there too.

Perhaps the live concerts that Audience aired (like the upcoming AT&T TV Super Saturday concert that precedes the Super Bowl) will still air live on the HBO Max Preview channel and be available for on-demand streaming thereafter inside HBO Max.

As I've posted before, I also expect we'll see AT&T kill Cinemax and roll its smallish library of original content into HBO Max (as the latter half of that name has always suggested to some of us). Cinemax just doesn't offer enough to justify its existence as a standalone service any more. Same rotating library of theatrical films as HBO has but hardly any exclusive original content. Cinemax aired a whopping 17 hours of fresh original content in 2019 (8 episodes of Warrior and 9 episodes of Jett). That's far less than Epix, which costs only $6/mo. Meanwhile, Cinemax costs anywhere from $10-14/mo.

I think the main strategy for Cinemax has long been as a sweetener that HBO's cable distribution partners could add to their packages to make them look more attractive. "Step up to our Gold tier and get both HBO *and* Cinemax included! Cinemax has a monthly value of $12 on its own!" Except almost no one actually paid that because very few bought it a la carte. And now both Comcast and Charter have dumped it from all their bundles to save money (and DISH doesn't even sell it any more, or HBO for that matter). Note that HBO never bothered to launch a "Max Now" standalone streaming version of Cinemax. And for that matter, they never brought the Max Go app for their Cinemax cable subscribers over to any TV-connected devices like Roku or Apple TV, the way that they did with the HBO Go app years ago. Max Go is only on mobile devices.

In lots of ways, Cinemax feels to me like a brand and service from the turn of the century. Like Audience, it's run its course. Time to fold it into HBO Max.
Dan Patrick whole located in Milford CT, still broadcasts out of master control in LA. They would need to find a new broadcast center even if they stay in B/R Live. Eisen is broadcasting right out of AT&T center so where will he have to relocate too. Will they keep the broadcast center open or will that close too?

I don’t think the DP Show’s status has any indications one way or another vis NFLST. However, the continued ownership of the AT&T Sports Net channels might be questioned.

If AT&T is on the hook (media from the time of the last contract renewal said it was through mid 21) to DP, it would not surprise me to see it on TRU TV, which shows worthless filler in that time slot.

I don’t think the DP Show’s status has any indications one way or another vis NFLST. However, the continued ownership of the AT&T Sports Net channels might be questioned.

If AT&T is on the hook (media from the time of the last contract renewal said it was through mid 21) to DP, it would not surprise me to see it on TRU TV, which shows worthless filler in that time slot.
Tru TV might make sense as a place for the DP Show since B/R Live is also under the Turner umbrella. I hope the show stays on DirecTV. It's one of the few sports talk shows that doesn't have hosts yelling and talking over each other.

Reactions: I WANT MORE