Audio problems Galaxy 19

Status
Please reply by conversation.

purenrg

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Dallas TX
Is anyone else having this problem? I'm getting a good signal with picture but no audio on some channels, this is on more than a few TP's.

Receiver is a VS Extreme

Well, after doing a reboot with power switch at back of receiver problem went away.

Thank goodness

I have a fortec receiver. Sometimes the receiver switches to AC3 audio. I have seen this on 3ABN several times. Don't know what causes it. But look for the audio button on the remote. Push it and then select audio instead of AC3. At least that is what works for me.

I have a fortec receiver. Sometimes the receiver switches to AC3 audio. I have seen this on 3ABN several times. Don't know what causes it. But look for the audio button on the remote. Push it and then select audio instead of AC3. At least that is what works for me.

laseradam, thanks for this info, my Viewsat 9000HD seems to lose the audio on 3ABN including other channels on 11842 only. The Viewsat 9000HD is said to have AC-3 audio glitches although I suspect there's a problem other than this Viewsat issue. I'm wondering if there's a problem with the G-19 sat itself. I've also noticed that a few of my receivers regardless of what dishes I test with, they seem to have a little trouble stabilizing the video during the first few seconds when I switch to those channels. I believe that the G-19 engineers need to get a handle on this bird, the signals are all out of alignment and who knows what else. :confused:

These FTA receivers are buggy they need to be rebooted to fix issues all the time. My Visionsat will do funky things after I scan channels (reboot fixes it). My Pansat does wacky things too (reboot fixes it). When in doubt reboot. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)