Audiorip crashing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I attempt to run Audiorip and it crashes and closes TsReader. I have Ts Reader version 2.7.45d
I set all priority threads to low to ease the pain on the processor. Don't know what else to do.

Would it be necessary to upgrade?

What are the specs of the PC that you are trying to record with? I was running the program with a dual core amd, it would give me fits as well. Everything smoothed out for me when I dumbed the machine down to use a 2.4 P4 that I had laying around. You are correct in setting all of the priority levels to low. Don't forget to read the forums over at DVBN on this program if you have any other problems. Hope this helps.

I have it working on my AMD X2 4600 with TSReader 2.7.45e under XP home. It always crashed until I set TSReader to use one processor and priority lowest as per the instructions. It has been successfully running non stop for a few days pulling music off of Echo 7.

Since it was written a long time ago I don't think upgrading TSReader will help. Do you have any other plugins in the TSReader MDPlugins directory?

No other plug-ins involved. Is there a setting for processor usage? I only have one processor 2.4 Gig intel Pentium 4. 512 Megs of memory.

I'm trying to rip music from 97 west on the MusicChoice mux. Is that the problem? Bad stream? Or no stream?

Audiorip was designed for unencrypted Dish Network and ExpressVu audio channels. It won't work for Music Choice on Galaxy 25. I tried it and it crashes my computer also. There is a version that works with Directv if you have a Twinhan 1020a DSS card.

on 119, how do you know a channel is radio or not? I got ts reader to finally work (stupid user error kept it from working til now - I read that you have to swap the tsreader and normal nextorm dlls files using window's update driver from disk... THAT'S NOT HOW YOU DO IT after you do that once... instead you have to choose the option that you will pick driver yourself and that's how you get the two options... only took me several months and a complete os crash over this weekend due to stupid user errors in registry edits causing computer to crash to figure that out... doh)

and it's pulling in signals on 12399 tp on 119, and there's lots of stuff there... but every one that I try to start audio grabber on seems to give me error message no audio channels found in this multiplex... second try always crashes program... is the CA Descriptor entrys the stuff I'm looking for??? Which PMT PID is the audio under?

12399 R seems to be the only thing that tsreader is finding a signal on as far as the audio channels listed on lyngsat are concerned... but I still am not finding anything that audiorip can bring in.... there's a massive number of tv channels on there, but nothing fta audio?!?... which pmt pid is it I should aim for?

Also, does anyone know for sure if this audio rip works on other birds other than 119? I read on another forum that people were having luck with it on 101 middle of last year... but they may have had the Twinhan... are you sure other cards won't work for DTV too?

Last edited:
Audiorip should automatically find the audio channels and list them. The program numbers for the audio channels are 900's and 6000's. The 900's are FTA and the 6000's are Sirius but are encrypted. There are a number of FTA audio channels on 12399.

will have to look more in to this tonight... can you activate audiorip just by selecting the tp itself before going in to the other screen that gives out all the pmt and pid stuff or do you have to be in there and pick the right one(s)?

You don't have to chose any stream in TSReader. Just tune the transponder with TSReader and start audiorip. The audiorip screen will pop up and list the audio channels. You can then select which audio channel to listen to or record.

DSS Mode is pulling up scids, but the mpeg2 mode isn't finding anything... clicking on the scids in dss mode is making it say status play but I don't hear anything...

get the No Audio Channels found in this multiplex error when trying the mpeg2 mode.

Is this computer too slow? 512 mb ram, pentium 4, 1.5 ghz.

Last edited:
A slower computer should be better. There is a glitch in the audio every so often on my fast dual core computer, even though I switched to one core and low priority. Are you sure you are on Echostar 119?

I tried DSS mode at 101 and 119. All channels have audio. I'm not sure why you can't hear anything.

Yes, I'm on 119. I suspect that the dss doesn't work for me since I'm using dvbworld. Think I read that twinhan is only card that supports that. What's confusing me is why the mpeg2 doesn't find anything when the dss mode is finding all sorts of stuff...

Likely AudioRIP will only work with TSReader.

There is an old stand alone version which worked with the BL2030 card. It may work with the Twinhan. I have not tried that configuration.

In TSReader, there is no reason to set priorites to anything other than normal for AudioRIP. I have used a P4 1.5 and now am using a P4 2.4. Currently listening to Easy Listening 973 from 119 Tp 13.

When you bring up AudioRIP MPEG, allow time for the song titles to populate the window before selecting play. AudioRIP DSS works fine on DIRECTV. They do not encrypt the audio on the TV channels.

Remember, the SIRI channels are encrypted and will not play.

I'm not even given that opportunity... what happens is the Audiorip box comes up and then the status bar at bottom of that will start doing stuff, get to Processing program 9638 and then you hear a bong sound and another box comes up that says No Audio Channels Found in this Multiplex. That box is an ok box. Pressing OK button makes audirip close. It's annoying because I know that ts reader sees the streams since I see the 960 CD11, 962 CD13, ETC. in the list under EIT PID 0x0012.

There is a readme file in the zipfile that AudioRIP comes in. You might try the 2 items it suggests.

"AudioRip Plugin and fast processors

AudioRip Plugin has lots of things to do - potentially it's listening to 15 or more audio streams at a time. To do this, it has many "threads" running simultaneously. Internally, AudioRip Plugin has code to ensure that these threads process data correctly and at the right rate, but apparently there are some problems. These problems turn up on fast PCs and especially those with multiple processors or Intel's HyperThreading technology. If you experience odd behaviour with AudioRip plugin, we suggest two things:

Set all the thread priorities in TSReader to low
If running on multiple processors or with HyperThreading, find the TSReader process in the list shown in the Windows Task Manager, right click and choose "Set Affinity". Set TSReader to use only CPU0. You need to do this each time you launch TSReader when you want to run AudioRip plugin - TSReader itself is thread safe.
We should probably fix this but, but the workaround well, works! AudioRip plugin is after all free software!"

which pmt is it? I emailed Rod Hewitt, <rod@coolstf.com> about this issue and let him know that under EIT PID 0x0012 I can see 919 Music, 923 AUD01, 924 AUD 02... 950 CD1, 951 CD 2, etc. and it's all got descriptions in the other panel about what station it is, what type of music it plays, etc... his reply says, "Don’t look under the EIT PID since that’s network wide – you want to make sure you see these channels in the PAT/PMT tree."

The channel names in that tree are preceded by "SDT:"

You need to select Auto Expand PMTs in the menu to get the PMTs automatically broken down.

Last edited:
ok... finally got it working... on another satellite... 97w is working fine... BUT when I try to tune in to 12053 v 22.000 audio rip crashes tsreader lite because I guess there's just too darn many radio stations so it overloads it with info... other radio tps on this bird are fine. Is there a way to tell audiorip to only look for certain stations and not pick all stations on the tp so that it doesn't crash tsreader?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)