Auto switching from live tv to watching a recording

Socalcracker

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Temecula ca
I request scheduled recordings and seldom see a notice of conflicts. For several months, if two scheduled recordings happen to be for the same time, I only get one of them recorded. Recently, since the latest firmware update, when my husband is watching live tv, my 922 quits live tv and my husband is forced to watch something that I had scheduled to be recorded. The expletives my husband then utters are not 922 favorable. Under what circumstances is the 922 supposed to switch off from his live tv?

Sounds to me like it is in dual mode. Mike - We are also glad you got rid of the 922. No real reason for you to hang out in this forum anymore is there?

Mike - We are also glad you got rid of the 922. No real reason for you to hang out in this forum anymore is there?

Now that's some funny sh#t again! If there's one thing I've learned about the 922 since I got mine, it's that Mike always has a some trash talk at the ready on every post. Other than that, mine works pretty good.

I am a relative newbie, but I believe that the 922 has two tuners, so you can watch one show and tape another simultaneously. However, if you are trying to tape two shows simultaneously, that ties up both tuners so you cannot watch a third channel. I think that explains why your husband has to watch one of the two shows you are recording. It does not explain why only one of two shows you are trying to record actually records (unless your husband is cancelling it to keep watching another show :) ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts