AVR input change with dish remote

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
This probably long shot, but is remote code for dish remote to control the input on sony AVR? i ask cause the Remote for my DA555ES is long since died it does not get power, and I been using dish remote to just turn the AVR on and off and control the volume but i need be able to control input too.

I gona bring this RM-TP502 to repair shop to see if they fiqure out why it not get power and fix it, but that just as much as long shot that it cost me arm and leg

This probably long shot, but is remote code for dish remote to control the input on sony AVR? i ask cause the Remote for my DA555ES is long since died it does not get power, and I been using dish remote to just turn the AVR on and off and control the volume but i need be able to control input too.

I gona bring this RM-TP502 to repair shop to see if they fiqure out why it not get power and fix it, but that just as much as long shot that it cost me arm and leg
If you go into the remote settings, scroll down to Limited Mode and make sure it's off, then, if it's not programmed, in the Auxillary settings, Select Auxillary Device/Audio Receiver and if the first code doesn't work, just search for Model #. Once you get it programmed back out and when you hit the AUX button on the side, it should turn your AVR on and off. If you're using it all the time, before you exit Remote Settings, scroll back down the Controls Volume & Mute and change it to Auxillary Device. The Hoppers have a glitch where you may have to back out, then go back in and set it again

If you go into the remote settings, scroll down to Limited Mode and make sure it's off, then, if it's not programmed, in the Auxillary settings, Select Auxillary Device/Audio Receiver and if the first code doesn't work, just search for Model #. Once you get it programmed back out and when you hit the AUX button on the side, it should turn your AVR on and off. If you're using it all the time, before you exit Remote Settings, scroll back down the Controls Volume & Mute and change it to Auxillary Device. The Hoppers have a glitch where you may have to back out, then go back in and set it again
He is already able to turn the AVR on and off and control volume. He wants a way to change the input on the AVR with the DISH remote. Unless CEC will do that I am unsure there is a way with the remote.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am unsure there is a way with the remote.
I'm not either, especially since tsunami doesn't mention which remote he's using! But IIRC every universal remote I've ever had includes an input button.

I had to find the button on my 54 (it's on the side), and then figure out how to get it to do something (press the TV button first), and then figure out it scrolled through inputs and switches when you stop pressing it, but it did finally work. I had a Vizio remote drop dead, and the remote worked in a pinch before I replaced the original.

Last edited:
I'm not either, especially since tsunami doesn't mention which remote he's using! But IIRC every universal remote I've ever had includes an input button.

I had to find the button on my 54 (it's on the side), and then figure out how to get it to do something (press the TV button first), and then figure out it scrolled through inputs and switches when you stop pressing it, but it did finally work. I had a Vizio remote drop dead, and the remote worked in a pinch before I replaced the original.

The receiver is from 1999 ( say this seem weird and make me feel old) there is no HDMI let alone CEC and is the RM-TP502 remote commander it is LCD screen remote big and bulky and i can not program universal remote cause the RM-TP502 dont power on like said i gona bring the remote to electronic repair shop to see if see why it wont power on and fix it.

I just noticed I do ability to change input 1 3 5 6 on pad,it does not actual cycle threw all the input just 4 of of them Only one that actual being use is TV/Dish optical, The 1 does let me switch between the last use input say TV/Dish optical and 5.1 analog which i can run my pc front back center speakers direct too.

It does switch to PC and Console which both optical inputs. which arnt hooked up

Hope this place fix the remote cause 99% of all the functions on AVR can be done on remote only and specifically this remote, it can be programed to universal remote, but i read it was nightmare to do so providing it even worked

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
The receiver is from 1999 ( say this seem weird and make me feel old) there is no HDMI let alone CEC and is the RM-TP502 remote commander
Wow. I do not recognize that remote number. Oh, it's from the Sony! I thought you were trying to use your Dish universal remote. Which remote is that? That's the remote we might be able to help with.
It does switch to PC and Console which both optical inputs. which arnt hooked up
OK, why don't you physically switch inputs on your receiver from one input that you can't select to one input that you can?

Current using the 52.0 remote that i hate specifily just for DA555ES it turn it on/off, volume up/down , mute and 1,3,5,6 seem to change some input.
I can rewire some input but dont solve much, luckly it seem all the optical input it has can be switched. via the 52.0 remote

Anyone have Sony AVR back prior to 2000 and rememeber this remote TP-RM502 and feel old in doing so? Anywho seem like probably is partial fixed for time being, it good thing i dont use AVR often enough cause if i had to actual calibrate it would be impossible with out that RM502

Reactions: TheKrell
Current using the 52.0 remote that i hate specifily just for DA555ES it turn it on/off, volume up/down , mute and
OK, that is like the 54 in that it has an input button on the side. Yeah, my 54 is not my favorite, either. I also have a 40 which has a similar button layout to my Dish UHF Pro 6.3 which I loved. You could buy one of those.
1,3,5,6 seem to change some input.
It almost sounds like you are getting an input change out of the number buttons. Are you not pressing the input button on the side, after pressing the button that controls the Sony?

yea input on the side dont do anything but number pad seem to change input

52 is permanently in aux mode so power only turn AVR on at somepoint I had my TV program to it too ( when actual tried to get use to the remote) i also find it more laggy then 40.0 when used to control dish and the Aux mode on remote (40.0) is for another tv. to turn off or lower it

I normal just 40.0 remote to control dish though, it might be bigger but none this dual function crap, and all 40.0 i have or ever use for some always just stop working at random no light or nothing and if leave remote alone for second it starts working again, I rather deal with that the 50 and later remotes that are dual functions buttons and all those i tried seem laggy compared to 40.0

He is already able to turn the AVR on and off and control volume. He wants a way to change the input on the AVR with the DISH remote. Unless CEC will do that I am unsure there is a way with the remote.
Ahh, I misread. In my experience, that rarely works on AVR's just like some on TVs it won't change inputs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)