Azbox HD streaming API

naight

Original poster
May 18, 2011
RU
Hi all

As you know azbox can stream TV channels to network and PC (e.g. using VLC) or other device (e.g. NMT) can receive it and playback.
It can be done using the Streaming menu in azbox.
link
So one question is rised. Are there any streaming API's for developers? For example, I want to write an application which can stream TV to network, make some streaming settings etc.

And one more question. Is there some common forum for azbox developers, as for NMT developers?
Networked Media Tank

Naight,

I think that you would have to basically become a LINUX programmer to dabble with changing the AZBox's firmware in order to affect the output streaming functions.
Otherwise, there isn't any way to adjust or rewrite the streaming functions. So, you would have to begin there and write your own firmware for the AZBox.

RADAR

Thanks for your answers.
About web interface: I thought that nano-windows library is used for GUI in Azbox. How to access Azbox GUI through web?
As for streaming functionality:
I've made some investigation. Using linux ldd tool I've found all functions inside of *.so files in TV SDK. Here is a part of functions:
ibCRCommon.so
===========================
GNet_AddSocket
GNet_DelSocket
GNet_ResolveHost
GNet_TCP_Accept
GNet_TCP_Close
GNet_TCP_GetPeerAddress
GNet_TCP_Open
GNet_TCP_Recv
GNet_TCP_Recv_Whole
GNet_TCP_Send
GNet_TCP_Send_Whole
GNet_TCP_SetBlockMode
GNet_UDP_Bind
GNet_UDP_Close
GNet_UDP_GetPeerAddress
GNet_UDP_Open
GNet_UDP_Recv
GNet_UDP_RecvV
GNet_UDP_Send
GNet_UDP_SendV
GNet_UDP_Unbind
librmcw.so
===========================
RMSocketGetAddressFromName
RMSocketGetHostAddress
RMSocketInetAddr
RMSocketIsAlive
RMSocketJoinMulticastSession
RMSocketOpenDgram
RMSocketOpenStream
RMSocketOpenStreamWithTimeout
RMSocketRecv
RMSocketSelect
RMSocketSend
RMSocketSendto
As shown above these two shared object libraries are responsible for networking routines especially the first one. In my opinion, the functions with _UDP_ in its name are responsible for media streaming over the network. Any suggestions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)