Bank fruad alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Make sure that you are vigilant with checking your bank statements, there is an electronic fruad scam going on right now involving a bogus company called " Go Technologies INC." not to be confused with "Go Technology". The first company inquestion somehow or another gets your bank account number and routing number, address wether its new or old as well as your name and charges a $299.99 electronic check charge to your bank account through Bank of America. Somehow this bogus company got my information though the address was an old one and my name backwards and charged my account the above fee. Since this has happened I have found out the following info and am passing this on in the hopes that it helps anyone here.

Go Technologies INC phone number, 1-800 410-2531 ( this goes to an automated voice mail system that is always full, any atempts at a reverse lookup provide nothing )

There is no known address for this company that I have been able to find at this time, if anyone else decides to do any searches please keep in mind that there is a company called Go Technology that is not associated with Go Technologies INC.

Here is a link to the legitimate companies press release inregards to this issue that they are aware of.

Thanks for the heads up

Found this on http://www.buildingtradesdir.com/guilds/massachusetts/Massachusetts_Electrical/massachusetts_electrical.html

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif]GO Technologies, Inc[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif]. 225 East Union Street Ashland (County: Middlesex) MA 01721
Telephone: 508-881-3919 Fax: 508-881-0988 Email: [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif]Gary@gotechnologies.net[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Sans-serif,sans-serif] States: Massachusetts
Description: GO Technologies, Inc. provides both residential and commercial Electrical and Security Contracting services. The website is "under construction"

Also found it here too, so may be legit. http://electronic.addresses.com/yp_category_search/Services/electrician/186/12/Ashland,MA/621.html[/FONT]

Also there are many other variations on go technlogies like disc go technlogies on-the-go technlogies so be careful.

Last edited:
Thanks gbjbany for the post, I did a google search earlier today and found some variations, this one looks also to be a variation as the "O" in "Go" is capitolized and there is a "," at the end of "Technologies" in this title. Still I will contact the company tomorrow to see what I can find out, I would have to guess that they have had atleast a few inquiries as had "Go Technology".

Make sure your bank checks the name and address. My bank has denied me from buying stuff online because i left out my middle initial once and typed my address RD instead of ROAD on the online order form. Kinda a hassle but good to know the bank is taking the extra step to protect me. I also have an account with a different bank that we use for these types of purchases. I would never link the info to my main account onto the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts