This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

BB Clearance sale on external drives

chicagofilms

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 15, 2004
Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I stopped in my local Best Buy this afternoon and picked up a 500GB Wester Digital MyBook for just $149 (reg. $249) They are on clearance to make room for the newly announced models I suppose. They also had the 1TB model for $249 (reg.$449).

The unit has USB and a network interface. I couldn't pass that up so I bought it, called Dish to activate external storage and am now watching the clock tick slowly away till I get off work & can go home to hook it up to my 622.

I'm hoping the 1TB model is still around next week, so I can add some network storage for my systems at home.

Staples has the same one for $129, just got one

From his description (USB and Firewire..he said network) and original price, I believe the OP got a My Book Pro.

I went to BB and they had them for $169, but were out of them, luckily for me. I then went to Circuit city and they had the same WD 500GB Essential External My Book HD for $129. Saved another $40. They had several here in Pensacola.