Been with Dish for 11 years... Now they say I owe a receiver...

emtownsend

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2004
Post Falls, ID
Ok, this is weird...
I've had Dish for years (11 to be exact). I called to cancel about 2 months ago so I could switch to DirecTV. I found out I was physically unable to get DirecTV, so I called Dish back before the cancel date and reinstated. They were kind enough to even give me $15 a month off for 12 months and they swapped out my 622 that was flakey. Kinda cool.
Now, I received a bill last month showing I owed over $350. I freaked out and called and found out they thought I never returned the old, flakey, 622. They investigated and found it and told me it would come off my bill.
I received another bill this month showing I owed $272. Again, I freaked and called. Found out THIS TIME they say I owe them for a very old 311 box (I think that is the number.... old, black, SD box). I returned this box back when the 622 first came out (must be 3 years or more now).
I was on the phone with Dish for 45 minutes with no resolution. They kept transferring me and putting me on hold. I was at lunch, at work, and on perma-hold, so I had to hang up on them.
What is the deal with Dish billing? They went nuts on me and think I owe them boxes.
Wanna hear the kicker? They said I have been getting charged for years on the old 311!
I'm going to try calling them again tonight, but I bet I will have to start from square one. Is there a better number to call or a address to email or write to?
Thanks!

email (without the spaces):
ceo @ dishnetwork . com

They are much better to deal with and should give you a call shortly after the email if it is during business hours. Include your info, account number and phone number. At least you won't have to wait on hold and someone more helpful ought to get assigned to the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts