Being the Star Wars fan I am, Dish had better keep the Disney stations this September.

ESPN (which is just down the street from me...) had a huge layoff this week. I talked to one of my friends at ESPN and he told me that it was due to their costs to the customers (like DISH) was growing at too high a pace and many cable and satellite providers can no longer absorb the price increases from ESPN. So they (ESPN) needs to make changes from within to make the channel palatable to its customers (ie the cable and satellite companies)

I honestly believe DISH and ESPN are working to get a deal done, as I said earlier they NEED each other.

I still think Charlie will put on his poker player persona and play hardball with Disney.
The two companies will get a deal done. Neither of them will like it.

I can't lose college football either, it is the best sport period! Nothing else comes close. I could live without espn in the summer. Why can't these negotiations end in the summer, why does it always seem to mess up college football?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Are you being serious?

It's like blaming the high cost or poor quality of American automobiles on the "exorbitant" wages of union workers. (as if $20-something an hour was Thurston Howell III income.)

The fact that Nikes still cost $150, even though made by children and abused workers for next to nothing, is a shining example of how product pricing does not necessarily depend on labor cost.

How much do you folks think the guy gets paid who serves you that $10 beer at the stadium?
Without getting into a political discussion...I disagree. At one point due to union wages and benefits which cost GM in excess of $70 per hour per line worker. That translated to $2,500 per unit cost out the door of a US or Canadian plant.

The only people who make the salaries rise are the people who say "yes" and sign the checks.
Owners and in college, university chancellors, officers of the various college leagues and the NCAA leadership.

Define "competitive". (Not arguing. Just want to know more.)

The ability of so called 'small market' or low salaried teams to compete.
For example. The Pittsburgh Pirates with one of the lowest payrolls in MLB, almost made the post season.
But for a vastly improved Baltimore Orioles team the low wage Tampa Bay Rays would have made more appearances in the post season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)