Best guide magazine for Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thats a cool site, I had been using www.Zap2it.com . But I also like having a book. So when I plop down on the couch and go comatose in front of the tube for 5 or 6 hours I have something I can easily pick it up and see whats on. Rather than getting up and going over to the computer.

GaryPen said:
If I'm not mistaken, your Dish receiver probably has a nifty feature we like to call the PROGRAM GUIIDE! I can understand you not finding it, though. The remote button is cleverly hidden next to the word "Guide".

It's much easier to grab a book, open it, find the appropriate time block, find the appropriate channel, follow the column, the find the program, then follow the column back to the time, then pick up the remote, then watch the program.

Having to use the remote to the thumb through the programs is very difficult. If you are trying to see what is coming up on a certain channel, you have to hit RIGHT...RIGHT...RIGHT...RIGHT. And the worst part is that it's free. It makes a lot more sense to pay for a book than to use the free guide. :)

This has been a sarcastic response to a sarcastic response brought to you by the letter Q and the number 7.

GaryPen said:
If I'm not mistaken, your Dish receiver probably has a nifty feature we like to call the PROGRAM GUIIDE! I can understand you not finding it, though. The remote button is cleverly hidden next to the word "Guide".

I guess the original poster assumed a minimal level of intelligence. Obviously he assumed that he did not need to explicitly state that he found the on-screen guide to be unsuitable to his needs. There are very few people who would not understand that such is implied by his question.

chaddux said:
It's much easier to grab a book, open it, find the appropriate time block, find the appropriate channel, follow the column, the find the program, then follow the column back to the time, then pick up the remote, then watch the program.

Having to use the remote to the thumb through the programs is very difficult. If you are trying to see what is coming up on a certain channel, you have to hit RIGHT...RIGHT...RIGHT...RIGHT. And the worst part is that it's free. It makes a lot more sense to pay for a book than to use the free guide. :)

This has been a sarcastic response to a sarcastic response brought to you by the letter Q and the number 7.

There are some obvious advantages to using a printed guide. You can scan a lot more channels across more hours a lot more quickly.

trido said:
The thing with Titan all the other online you cant add your locals tothe DISH guide atleast I dont see who.

Trido

Sure you can with TitanTV. Just click "Customize" and then "Add" and fill in the call sign for the local channel and the channel you want it to appear on.

Bobby said:
Sure you can with TitanTV. Just click "Customize" and then "Add" and fill in the call sign for the local channel and the channel you want it to appear on.
Yes, works fine! Just did mine. Did not work the first time, must have been temporarily confused! :eek:

Mick,

I got titanTV to add WEAR on channel 3. You have to click "customize" and then type WEAR in the ADD Station and 3 in Channel. Click ADD, you will get a "Multiple Channels" message. Click the down arrow on the Call Sign and you will see WEAR and WEAR-DT. Highlight whichever one you want and then click ADD again. You will see it on channel 3 when you are done. Save out and you are set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)