Best place to get real cost of going with Dish.

Jon J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2005
Music City, USA
I'm considering a move from DTV to a Dish Hopper 3. Where is the best place to get a real world price that includes all the addons that might be required? Will CSRs at the main Dish number go over the nuts and bolts of acquisition and ongoing costs?

I'm considering a move from DTV to a Dish Hopper 3. Where is the best place to get a real world price that includes all the addons that might be required? Will CSRs at the main Dish number go over the nuts and bolts of acquisition and ongoing costs?
CALL and ask your questions. You will get answers.

You most likely get some sort of promo. But if you want a price on your plan. I believe if you listed what you want to do. You could get a price based on setups people have here. List how many TV's. If you want a 4k joey. And what package you want. I have Hopper 3, 1 4k joey, 2 2.0 joeys. Top 200 and sports pack. movie pak added used to be block buster package. Cost is.129.20 for me. As for how much install and that would would be. If you have good credit? Only charge would be for 4k Joeys those are $50 each. Some people on the forum have reported being able to get the 4k joey free. Good luck

Thanks to everyone for the responses. Unfortunately the only local "dealer" I can locate is a nice fellow (I talked to him on the phone) but he works out of his truck and orders the equipment he needs for each install. IOW he carries no stock and hasn't been installing Dish very long. I'm hesitant.

I'm not worried about credit checks and I would need a minimum of equipment...a Hopper and one non-4K Joey. I just want to get the complete rundown on what the moving parts are in addition to the programming package I select so I am not blindsided when the first bill arrives.

I've wondered if the more focused retailers are more in the rural areas vs urban areas. For my zip code, 14 of the 15 listed are "Cellular Connection" stores. # 9 on the list is one that Dish also has labeled as a "Preferred Partner".

Unfortunately, one does not know if they have a "good local retailer" until it is too late and they find out they don't.

Most people who are paying any attention at all will know very quickly into their first telephone conversation whether the local retailer is a good one or not.

Cellular Connections aren't full service retailers, they just enter the order and the DISH contractors or whoever does DISH work in their area does the install.

Cellular Connections aren't full service retailers
Oh, I know... To me, and 90% of people, they sell cell phones, not satellite TV service. I imagine many instances of someone who may walk into one of their stores to sign up for Dish would be met with "I'm sorry, the (one) person who knows how to sell that isn't in today". Some of their locations are kiosks in malls too.

Not much different than Radio Shack or Sears selling Dish service, I guess.

Reactions: JSheridan
Thanks to everyone for the responses. Unfortunately the only local "dealer" I can locate is a nice fellow (I talked to him on the phone) but he works out of his truck and orders the equipment he needs for each install. IOW he carries no stock and hasn't been installing Dish very long. I'm hesitant.

I'm not worried about credit checks and I would need a minimum of equipment...a Hopper and one non-4K Joey. I just want to get the complete rundown on what the moving parts are in addition to the programming package I select so I am not blindsided when the first bill arrives.
Well under the Price lock for 36 months
You should get a $10 Credit for autopay/ebill.
You won't get charged the $15 DVR fee either.
Top 120 Plus is the Minimum Package for the price lock.
It's $49.99
Top 200 is $64.99
Top 250 is $74.99
Now not sure if they increased $5 with the January price increase on 200 and 250.

Free premiums for 3 months,
Free Protection plan for 6 month.

So your bill for Top 120+ Single Hopper and 1 Joey would be
$56.99 plus what ever taxes your state has for the next 3 years if you don't add or keep any premiums or Protection plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are you sure about that offer? I was looking at Dish.com and didn't see anything about the DVR service fee waived on the 36 month commitment. I know it was on the 24 month price lock, but that's a different offer.

Reactions: JSheridan
Are you sure about that offer? I was looking at Dish.com and didn't see anything about the DVR service fee waived on the 36 month commitment. I know it was on the 24 month price lock, but that's a different offer.
No, You will Pay a DVR fee.
My mistake.
It's Just price locked as well.

Unless you don't want DVR.

Reactions: Tampa8
No, You will Pay a DVR fee.
My mistake.
It's Just price locked as well.

Unless you don't want DVR.

For a one time $40 fee, the OP can add DVR functionality to a 211 series with an external hard drive. There is no DVR fee with that option.

I see no issue keeping no inventory. You can usually get orders delivered next day anyways.

He's not ordering connectors, cable, etc on a per-order basis. But yeah, if he has a DOA receiver, LNB, etc, that would be a problem.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts