Best Price on a HD Receiver on the net?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JUCJ85

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2010
NY
I have researched ebay only, but what is the best price I can get a HD receiver, I will check amazon, but my main concern is getting one that is like the old hd dvr tivo one.

Would one like that work now a days?

And which is the best besides the 24 to get?

Personally I feel there is none best besides the HR24 or H24. They are significantly faster than the older receivers, have the DECA capability built in, and are smaller.

Best price I see on the H24 is $99 shipped at buy.com
Buy.com - DIRECTV H24 Satellite Receiver

Best price I see on the HR24 is $199 shipped from 6th avenue:
DIRECTV Plus® HR24 High Definition MPEG-4 HD DVR(DTVHR24) and other affordable DirecTV at 6ave.com.

If you buy right from Directv you have no guarantee of what model you will get, anything between H20 to H24 or HR20 thru HR24.

Also remember regardless of where you buy they are leased, if you ever cancel service (or that receiver) you have to send them back to Directv.

I have researched ebay only, but what is the best price I can get a HD receiver, I will check amazon, but my main concern is getting one that is like the old hd dvr tivo one.

Would one like that work now a days?

And which is the best besides the 24 to get?

Do you want a receiver or a dvr? You mentioned both. Have you called Directv and asked how much they want? You may qualify for a free or reduced price upgrade.

thanks guys, I havent called yet, Last time i called, about 2 months ago, they said they couldnt do a reduced price for some reason, they said supply and demand or something.

I guess I could try again, it doesn't hurt I guess lol.

I would rather have a HD and not HD DVR, mainly cause of the price of the box im on a limited amount of extra spending each month, and would have to wait, and I dont know even then If I can afford one.

If you are just getting a HD non DVR, then it really does not matter what you get.
Sure, the H24 is smaller and looks cooler, but there are advantages in the older models such as more a/v outs and an optical audio out.
However, all non DVR's pretty much work equally.

If you go with a HD/DVR then the HR24 is really the best.
However, if it came to paying $200 for one or rolling the dice and seeing what I could get for free, I would roll the dice.
It is nicer, but not $200 worth of nicer to me.

As far as TiVo goes, IMO, thank God D* dropped that.
I think current DVR's are much better then the TiVo ones.
Most customers I have agree but some disagree so it is a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
thanks kjued, appreciate the helpful info. We probably wont go HD DVR mainly cause we dont see it neccessary.

So, your not really buying the box your leasing it for a one time fee and then the monthly box fee??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts