Best Sat Finder for E*

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
Need some opinions here guys,

I install for E* and I am looking into purchasing a digital satellite meter. I want a digital one that will tell the satellite onscreen that I am trying to peak. I have looked at a few like the birddog and sat 3000. Can anyone recommend what they believe is the best choice?

I also noticed that many are not compatable with the DPP twins. Since that is what we primary use nowadays that is a real downer. Is there a digital meter out there that will work with the DPP's? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

I use a sat buddy and aim with a non-DPP LNB tuning in each orbital slot coming in on particular dish. I've tried the brick with DPP, and even though it's a little better with DPP than the sat buddy it's still no where near what a regular twin or dual lnb will get you. I've been strongly recommending against aiming with DPP. When I go to trouble calls of subcontracters (and DNSC) and see 75-85 signal I just know the installer used DPP to aim. Aiming with any non-DPP lnb bumps it up to 95-105 (for dual tuner receivers). There should be no excuse for mediocre signal quality or installers too lazy to work with two different lnb's.

I use an acutrac 22 and a DP Dual. I learned the hard way about trying to peak with a DPP. My meter pegs out with that thing. Even attenuated, it is useless.

I have used a birdog with a DPP. It will not control a 34 or 44 switch. I use the birdog on a daily basis mostly for DWAY and love it. I still need my good old acutrac 22 for voltage purposes.

I have had the best luck with the big old analog style meters. Channel master 1007 or one of the Advantage meters from Skywalker. Never tried my birddog on them, but I know my accutrac 22 pro only occasionally works on them, probably just getting lucky. The channel master is pretty consistent though.

I still use the Digisat II with DirecTV and Dish. It works fine with legacy twins and DishPro twins, as well with legacy and DishPro singles and duals.

The technique is that you've got the pole plumb, the skew or tilt correctly set, as well as the elevation correct, all you have to do is to swing the dish horizontally to peak the signal. DirecTV defaults to 101 and Dish defaults to 119.

Every time I go back to the receiver to check, all of the satellite positions are peaked. It has always worked for me. I seldom do SuperDish, and have had no need to do an AT9 yet.

i use an analog channel master, and absolutely love the thing... i have the dual meter which is nice with lining up the Dish1000. I put one side on the 119, and one on the 129...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)